Frustrated beyond belief - now for sale - *SOLD*

Started by OzMidnight, October 30, 2011, 10:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

MD, where's the vid evidence with your fancy camera you got.

Neil

MD

Hahaa. Good and valid question Neil. I will deliver a full report in the original topic set with some examples in addition to photos of the set up in the car. What I will say just quickly is that the video aspect is great. It's the audio that is holding me back from releasing the material that needs to do justice to the equipment as a  whole. The issue is the noise level in the cabin. It's huge and overloading 7 filter levels on the onboard microphone. I am therefor experimenting with a bunch of alternative external micrphones that wil do the job and once in the groove, happy to show some in car footage. I know you can relate to that.

...matter of fact I am editing some of the footage from today as we speak. Talk about overload distortion...faaark!!.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

In order not to derail Lee's topic completely, I have made an "update" post in the original topic set for this subject:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9195.new.html#new

Thanks for the indulgence Lee. If you want to chat about the progress (or lack thereof) on your project, feel free to call me.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

OzMidnight

It's all good...your thread is waaayyy more interesting!  :) Who was the track day through, that you just did?

MD

The Queensland GEAR Club book the track for the day. I think they are working on a website but I haven't got the details. Here's some of the mob that role up to these events. Check out all the photos to get a wider mix of cars.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=954019

Perfect club for a late bloomer like me. Grey wigs for sure but they all know what the loud pedal is for !! Old school gentlemen racers too.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

OzMidnight

Sounds good for me, too.  And nice pics!

OzMidnight

Well....it runs....like a two and a half-legged dog....but it runs.

Spada

Mate, just read your story from beginning to end. It is truly inspirational. A lesser man would have given up much sooner with the number of set-backs you've experienced.  Hope you have recovered and the car will be running sweetly soon.   
105 2L Group Sc Racer - FOR SALE
147 Twin Spark Racer - Converted to scrap metal
147 GTA - Racer build in progress
147 Twin Spark - Waiting to become a racer

LaStregaNera

Quote from: OzMidnight on November 14, 2012, 10:21:01 PM
Well....it runs....like a two and a half-legged dog....but it runs.
More detail?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

MD

I think what OzM meant to say was that when it fired up, something ran down his leg. The jury is out whether this is was due to:-

1 Excitement
2 Surprise
3 Amazement and disbelief
4 False alarm from a passing truck
5 Pants wetting exhilaration...

I feel sure he will clarify this in due course...

(Mate, we were never gonna let you just give up..... ;D  )

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

OzMidnight

It was more likely due to the radiator hose that split next to a clamp.  Next thing to replace.  Thought I'd sussed them all out....replaced one fuel hose but this one slipped my blind eagle-eyed gaze.

More detail.....well..it may just be ignition timing...or possibly just needs an Italian tune.  Either way...will fiddle until it runs as well as I can get it...then onto the trailer to get a run on some rollers.  Just got to re-floor the trailer tracks now...and add the winch bracket that I made up.

Spada

Mate, she runs! How good is that? If you get a chance, post some photos of the girl?
105 2L Group Sc Racer - FOR SALE
147 Twin Spark Racer - Converted to scrap metal
147 GTA - Racer build in progress
147 Twin Spark - Waiting to become a racer

OzMidnight

Found an oil leak too....time to go over bolts for the 40th time.  Got the head bolts retorqued, so I guess that is some progress.  As for pics....yes, I will get there soon!

OzMidnight

Sadly, this is likely the last instalment.  Ongoing issues with other things, mainly my health, is leading me to sell the car.  Sad...it has so much potential...I am just unable to get it there and it is upsetting to see it sitting there day after day.  There's an EOI in the For Sale section.  Cheers, everyone.  Ciao.

OzMidnight

Now firmly for sale. $5k'ish.