2012 VRA East Coast Challenge

Started by alfagtv58, October 21, 2011, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Oh yeah, and huge thanks to the VRA boys, and of course Phil Baskett, for putting on a great weekend of Alfa racing.

I also thought I might mention that the VRA kindly allowed Trucks to race at the same meeting, and they were....  well, they were something.  Some of them had neat and tidy lines, some of them of were obviously enjoying their huge BHP figures.  I don't want to be quoted on this, but we heard rumours of well over 1000bhp.  And by well over I mean WELL OVER.

Sheldon McIntosh

This one came in halfway through qualifying to adjust his pressures....

As you can see, they make huge clouds, and they're not afraid to get sideways either.  And I thought my 90 wasn't suited to Winton short track...

Sorry to take the thread off-topic for a short while there....

I'm waiting for Neil's footage of when he lost it in the esses and then Gary clouted him in the arse.  Come on Neil, where is it?  I know you had the cameras on.

Sheldon McIntosh

During race 3 the leading car of Mr. Rice started losing this out of his exhaust.  Anyone know exactly what it is?  I noticed that his car sounded a tiny bit sick just after it all finally came out, but it sounded fine in the next race, and certainly didn't seem to affect his pace.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on October 08, 2012, 11:26:27 PM
During race 3 the leading car of Mr. Rice started losing this out of his exhaust.  Anyone know exactly what it is?  I noticed that his car sounded a tiny bit sick just after it all finally came out, but it sounded fine in the next race, and certainly didn't seem to affect his pace.

Bit hard to see it properly, but I'd guess that's the fibreglass packing making an escape from the muffler.  Too hot for it perhaps?  ;D

Neil Choi

Compilation vision from AlfaDuk.

Now you see all the fun that was had.

Neil Choi

Learnt more on how to use iMovie.

First lap highlights.

More office time wasting.

len105

hey neil - aftering watching the first few laps of that 1st race from your car, I think I need a lesson on how to navigate winton fast !!
you certainly had some intersting moments in the last race ??!!
1973 Alfa GTV 105 2000 - silver - tarmac rally/group s car - unfortunately no more

2002 Alfa 156 2.5L - black - also gone to good home

1968 Giulia Sprint Veloce - sad to say this has found a new owner now...

1974 Alfa 2000 105 Cream - road registered & loving it !