Alfasuds and Sprints rule!

Started by colcol, October 17, 2011, 09:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Team Sicilian Suds achieved a remarkable 4th at the recent Fabulous RDA-EBC Winton 6 hour, congratulations to all the drivers and importantly DR Rudolph Hruska who designed the Suds and Sprints properly in the first place, first Alfa Romeo team home, good one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Fetta GTV

Well done Team Sicilian Suds, Excellent  result
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

Andrew Bose

Good to see boxers at the pointy end well done guys

Andrew

Brad M

It was a mighty effort, well done!
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

colcol

Lucky for the rear wheel drive cars that it didn't rain as it would have been New Mini's versus Alfasuds and Sprints for outright podiums, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Don't forget there was a 90 in our team!  An Alfasud 90 Super?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

Its ok because Sheldon has had a 33 as a road car, so he is an boxer Alfisti, in case you didn't know the drivers of the HIGHEST placed Alfa team were Evan Botcher #141 Alfasud, Sheldon McIntosh #142 Alfa 90, Frank Musco #143 Alfa Sprint, Joe Musco #144 Alfa Sprint, seriously fantastic effort, team Sicillian Suds, Colin.

Frank Musco

Yep, the three little suds + 90 did us proud. It was another great AROCA event and like usual, heaps of fun!

Thanks for the comments.

FORZA ALFASUD!

colcol

So Frank, being the first Alfa Romeo team home, are you going to have a display at Spectacolo to show the Alfisti how brilliant Sprints and Alfasuds are!, Colin.

Frank Musco

That's a good idea Colin. I never thought of bringing the race car to Spettacolo. Can I trailer it there? Space to park trailer?

colcol

Put it on club plates and drive it there, put it in race car catorgory, 'most succesful Alfa Romeo race team at the RDA-EBC 6 hour', you would have to ask John Hanslow if there is enough trailer parking space available, you could let people sit in your car and have their photo taken, so that they could brag to their freinds, that they sat in the highest placed Alfa Team cars, Colin.

Ray Pignataro

Frank can i sit in your car and have my photo taken?

Frank Musco

Quote from: Ray Pignataro on October 19, 2011, 09:34:34 PM
Frank can i sit in your car and have my photo taken?

LOL.

If your nice to me I 'might' let you park next to me.  ;)

aussiehcviva

It was a great event and it was so damn good to see the sprints and suds at the top of the tree. i flew and drove from WA to check it out and was not disappointed. unfortunately i got very ill and had to nick off prior to the event's end. was good to meet a few of you

joey

colcol

Hey Joey, sorry to hear you got sick, we Victorians should have warned you about buying food from the Winton vendors, i should know better to!, over the years i have been made crook about 4 times, but no complaints from the EBC-RDA 6 hour commitee, our food is prepared by the Alfa club, so you know its good, can you imagine if Winton were allowed to supply the officials, and we all succumed to food poisoning during a race, you have been warned [again], thanks for coming along, maybe get a team from W.A. next year, Colin.