My 75 Twin Spark

Started by alanm, October 09, 2011, 07:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanm

Hi all,

Some shots of our car with just a little photoshop enhancement here and there ;)

The car was built in 1987 and sold to its first owner by Gold Coast Alfa Romeo in July 1988.
It was serviced by Gold Coast Alfa until 95,000 klms, then by John French and Alfamotive.

Driving the car back from Brisbane was a great way to get to know the car, and it ran beautifully using no oil or coolant.
Much to my disappointment however, the heater did not work, and Queensland mornings car be quite cold!
It also took me a few hundred k's to figure out that the speedo was VERY inaccurate, in the end I decided to approach the driver of a truck that I had been following to ask how fast he was going. Needless to say SHE was very suspicious!

I have had a few things done since and I believe the car to be in good condition except for one oil leak (previous post).
In regards to the heater, some investigative work by one of the clubs esteemed sponsors revealed a crack in a metal connector on the cylinder head near the firewall. Rather than have this repaired, the previous owner had the heater disconnected. It was after all Queensland!

Now the heater works exceptionally well and the air con is even better (previous owner was an air conditioning mechanic).

The longer I have this car the more I like it. Willing motor, nimble handling and very comfortable in any environment. I always look forward to driving it.

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

shiny_car

Cool stuff.

Photoshop? Hmm, tell me the windows aren't tinted that dark!  :o

Any further plan? How about a nice set of alloy wheels?  8)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

alanm

Hi Guys

Shiny car, the windows are tinted but not as dark as the photos show – might of got carried away with the air brushing there!

Re. the wheels, I have 3 x 6.5 inch factory alloys that will going on when a 4th wheel materialises, in the interim I am kind of liking the steel wheels, they have a 60's, no nonsense, race car feel about them (at least in my imagination). I also have a nice set of factory plastic trims in case I ever want to go original (this car came out of the factory with steels).

Paul I love a car analogy, Clarkson is the master – 'This is the Elvis Presley of cars' – referring to the Golf GTi's weigh gain over the years.
I think your Kelpie analogy is a good one – not going to over power a wild pig in a one on one – but will get out there and work hard and reliably all day (big call for an Italian car ;D).

I might make it up to Winton for one day, if not I will be at Spettacolo.

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33