'Alfajumble' at Spettacolo 2011

Started by Evan Bottcher, October 05, 2011, 10:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks,

John has volunteered me to organise the 'Alfajumble' or car boot sale we're including in the arrangements for this year's Spettacolo.  An opportunity to offload some old parts or memorabilia that are no longer of use to you.

We'll set aside an area of the field to park your Alfas and open your boots.  Alternatively leave your commodore outside and bring a picnic rug or card table to lay your wares out.  We could arrange a couple of trestle tables if there's demand, we'd ask for a small donation to cover the costs.

A couple of things worth saying:
- we'd need a rough limit on space per vendor - think about the size of a picnic blanket, don't bring any moving trucks.
- vendors will be responsible for the security of their own goods.

To get an idea of numbers, drop me a PM or call me on 0400 013 175 if you think you'll take part, or have a question or suggestion.

Remember the date: Sunday 30th October 2011.
and address:
Wesley College Front Oval
577 St Kilda Road
Melbourne, 3004.

thanks,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

pancho

Hey Evan,

Did this work out in the end?

I wasn't able to stay long enough to catch up on the day or bring anything to swap/sell.

Evan Bottcher

I had no-one contact me (except for a voice message I couldn't understand the night before).  I talked to John and Colin and Col would direct anyone to the reserved area if there was anyone.  I didn't see anyone or hear of anyone putting anything up for sale.  It was pretty crappy weather, so not really surprised.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

Every sign, barrier, witches hat, bollard, barrier, tent we put up got blown over by the wind, not a good day to sell things from the boot of your Alfa, but next year, the gods will look down upon us and give us a good day, start sorting out all your 'trash & tressure' for next year, for a prime position next year, get their early with an item of value to give to the fat man in the orange vest, and he will give you a prime position for the 2012 boot sale, Colin [not a fat man in a orange vest].
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]