AROCA Phillip Island Sprints 16 December

Started by Neil Choi, October 04, 2007, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

To AROCA members and competitors

Just a quick advice and a heads up to you all.

If you are considering entering the PI event on 16 December, you best to send me your entry NOW as the entries are filling fast.  This event is our most popular sprint event for the year and at this moment well over half the field is filled.

I have attached entry form.

Regards
Neil

Scott Wallace

Hi,

Has a list of accepted entries been posted?

Cheers,
Scott.

Jekyll and Hyde

Times are up on Natsoft - looks like there was a massive Associate class?

Neil Choi

Hi there all

As mentioned above, the unofficial results are on natsoft,

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?16/12/2007.PHIL.S20.Y

Once I get the data, I will correct and publish.

Thanks to all the entrants for making a great show.
Special thanks to the AROCA SA, MX5 and Elfin club members for coming en mass and making the entry field most interesting.

To all the officials, thanks for a great job well done, without them PI event will not have happen and run as smoothly.

In particular and special mentions are;

The Geelong Flag Marshals, welcome back Ray and the gang, miss you guys greatly and love having you guys help out.
Stuart Thomson and Brian Canny for CoC
David Bellenger for being Steward
Gary Pearce, Shane Young, Andrew Carra and David Gwynne for check in
Bruno Colautti, Colin Byrnes and many others for scrutineering, as well as the salon of MX5 scrutineers
Anthony Sharp, Justin Wescott, Laurie Wescott, Helen Munro, Andrew Bose, Rob Durbridge doing dummy grid
Big thanks to Bruno for doing recovery all day.
Apologies to those who helped but I have forgotten to mention.

Once again, thanks to all those who helped, those knowing the jobs to be done to get the day going, lessen my work load and organization.

Great event and a great day.  One of the smoother running days that I can remember.

Best regards
Neil

Vanessa Sharp

Yes and thanks to Justin for start finish flagging ALL day...and Laurie for the dummie grid ALL day too :)

manga_blue

Congratulations to Neil and Stewart and everyone at AROCA.  A brilliantly run day.  Here's a sample for you of the comments running on the MX5 forum today.

Quote from: Sav
It was a fantastic day, heaps of laps and very few problems.
Well done to all.

Quote from: RandyOnce again the Alfa boys have out done themselves!! The weather gods smiled down on us and the Island was as fantastic as ever.

Quote from: Fattyyes randy is right the alfa guys really ran the day to perfection... like clockwork, everything was perfect. plenty of laps, even with the large number of cars entered.

Quote from: fattimaWhat a great day, could not ask for a better run event. Perfect weather, a good number of runs, just great.
This was my first run at the track with the MX5 club and had a ball. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice during the day, much appreciated.
Merry Christmas,  Phil

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Here is a link to some pics of the weekend.

http://pics.aus-cartalk.com/vicclub/Events/PI_AROCA_2007/

Courtesy of Andrew Edgar.

Not exactly sure where Rob Dale is actually going, probably pointing out where the apex is for Tony Hawker.

Nice three wheeling, Ray.

Wonder if Sheldon can lean that taxi any further over.

Neil

Ray Pignataro

Neil I was following Tony when Rob was parked there. what people dont kno is Robs mobile phone was ringing, he was just getting off the track to take the call. It was miss Daisy asking Rob to organise Jim for her ride. (sorry Jim couldnt help myself).

Robert Groom

Quote from: Neil Choi on December 17, 2007, 10:22:33 PM
Nice three wheeling, Ray.

More three wheeling photos on the 'Photos and Videos' board ...

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,965.0/

Thanks to everyone involved -- officials and drivers -- for putting on such a great day.

Robert