Hello All

Started by Coron, September 19, 2011, 02:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coron

New to this forum,
So Hello all, my name is Harry im 23 and live in melb, have always loved the shape of the 2000/1750 GTV ever since i was 9 or 10 when i first spotted a 105, i asked my dad what it was, he told me it was a Alfa Romeo GTAM, i now know it was a replica now but that's where my passion for cars started, my first car was a Holden TG Gemini, i know a horrible car but it was front mount engine and rear wheel drive, i eventually dropped the Japanese Isuzu G200w (Twin cam 8v) and have been having loads of fun since, how can you not have fun with 365nm of torque from a 4 cylinder (yes i have the dyno sheet, i will have to find it tho...)
But now its time to retire the Gemini and move onto something with a bit more "pedigree"

Im looking for a 1750 or 2000 GTV if anyone has one for sale
(Flame suit on) wanting to do a GTAM replica, just the body not the engine, i use to work on older BMWs and Mercedes, so ive had enough MFI to last a lifetime
if anyone has any info on where if anywhere i can get some GTAM replica flares in Australia that would be a big help, ive found suppliers all over Europe but they want more for postage then they want for the flares.....
I also found this
http://www.alfa-service.com/katalog/english/GT_Bertone.pdf
not sure if anyone else has seen it, they do alloy stamped panels, engine parts, all cables and peddles..... the list goes on.  
Anyway back to my original point..... "Hello"

Harry
71 1750 GT Veloce

Oo=v=oO

magraith

Welcome, thanks for the link, an impressive listing.

Brad M

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hi and Welcome to our forum  8)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Coron

Hey ya
Just purchased a 1970, 1750 gtv.

"According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1455127 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce RHD (105.45), manufactured on the 27th June 1970 and sold on the 3rd July 1970 to Alfa Romeo Australia .

The body colour is ochre yellow, with black skai interiors. "

Shes beautiful body wise but need a bit of a tune and by the sounds of it a rebuild within about 30,000k, i will be doing sparks, leads and points, then oil, prob a bit thicker then normal to cushion what sounds like a bit of a knock in the bottom end.
i was under the impression that there were no gtvs produced in 1970, but i have been proven wrong when i emailed Marco Fazio.
ill post some pics when i get the chance to take them, works hectic
71 1750 GT Veloce

Oo=v=oO

Evan Bottcher

Mmm - love the Giallo Ocra!

Quote from: Coron on September 29, 2011, 07:55:42 AM
i was under the impression that there were no gtvs produced in 1970, but i have been proven wrong when i emailed Marco Fazio.

Pretty sure they were built continuously.  Here's the Fusi reference for 1970 production:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-history/27900-scans-fusis-production-numbers-reference-not-dial-up-friendly.html#post235666
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

Welcome to the Forum Harry,

QuoteSo Hello all, my name is Harry im 23 and live in melb, have always loved the shape of the 2000/1750 GTV ever since i was 9 or 10 when i first spotted a 105

I found this to be not so rare but an interesting statement. Despite the attraction of all the technology in current production cars, here we have ( if I may say so) a young person with a sustained passion for the classics typically the mindset of the Grey Nomads. Begs the question, why is it so?

Would perhaps make a good topic in the general discussion section..

Great choice Harry and best wishes with your project.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Coron

As promised, some pics of my 1750
71 1750 GT Veloce

Oo=v=oO

Coron

Some more..
and thank you all for the warm welcome
71 1750 GT Veloce

Oo=v=oO

Evan Bottcher

8)

Great photos of a lovely car.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

njh1964

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the forum... it's great to see a younger bloke with an appreciation for the classics. I'm still trying to wean my 24 year old son off the idea that there is no substitute for cubic inches  ;D

Great photos of your new pride and joy... does anyone have an Alfa Romeo part number for the bulldog clip attached to the passenger side front indicator (see red circled area)? It's so much fun finding these little treasures left by previous owners.

Cheers,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car