Spettacolo 2011 confirmed - new location and new date.

Started by John Hanslow, August 12, 2011, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

The noise itself wasn't too over the top, I think it was more the 160km/h down St Kilda Rd that people would be more upset about.  Stupid thing to do right outside a car show.

Neil Choi

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on October 31, 2011, 10:03:15 PM
The noise itself wasn't too over the top, I think it was more the 160km/h down St Kilda Rd that people would be more upset about.  Stupid thing to do right outside a car show.

Hoon law comes to mind.  Impound is 30 days isn't it..........  interesting scenario if busted

Gives a rather bad impression to the general public

pep105

And on trade plates
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sheldon McIntosh

And with his young kid in the car...

If anyone wants to buy it after all that, it's on here.... http://maranellomotorsport.com.au/inventory/road-cars/    Only $599,000!!  Not bad for a car that can't be registered.

Evan Bottcher

The noise itself wasn't too over the top, I think it was more the 160km/h down St Kilda Rd that people would be more upset about. 

I concur - I really liked the little blip of noise up to the corner, but winced when he took off up St Kilda Rd.  Definitely not a good look.

But hey - as I'm sure the driver will read this, very much appreciated bringing the car along for the day it really turned heads and was a real treat.  I'd just like you to bring it to Phillip Island for some parade laps, rather than lapping St Kilda Rd.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

+1 Thank you for bringing the car along. It is the only opportunity most of us will have to see one. Great if you can bring the car for parade laps at an Alfa Sprint day at Phillip Island or Sandown etc.

Brad M

Quote from: Phil Nash on November 01, 2011, 05:11:30 PM
+1 Thank you for bringing the car along. It is the only opportunity most of us will have to see one. Great if you can bring the car for parade laps at an Alfa Sprint day at Phillip Island or Sandown etc.

+1 was great to see and would love to hear it at the island.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

EZEE

Finally got home to Sydney no thanks to Qantas - thank you Virgin.....wanted to post earlier but just got the chance now.....

Fantastic Melbourne Alfisti! A great event and a job well done to all who worked hard to put it on. I know how hard it is to organise a day like that, so hats off to all of you.

I must admit I was wondering how you Melbourne people were so confident it would "clear up later" when I arrived so early and it was pouring with rain but there you go. Truly sensational to see so many cars when the day starts like this weather wise. Great call on the food selection and coffee and while I didn't use the jumping castle many tiny ones did so clearly another hit there. The venue - wow! some backdrop to the lawn that felt like carpet.......nice, very nice.

Wife, kids and local friends enjoyed the day out as well to top it off. I mean they really had fun! getting them to leave the hotel room wasn't easy but once there they got into the spirit, my daughter in ALFA gear - priceless....(see attached jpeg as proof!).......Thank you for making us feel welcome. I tried to introduce myself to many of you and say thanks for the constant words of wisdom and advice but I kept getting pulled back to the cars so the day went very fast and I missed some of you. Thank you to Barry at the club shop for stocking us up! Once again thanks Phil - still cannot believe the drive. Cheers to David from Tassie for words of encouragement and knowledge.

My favourites? Phil's Spider was a revelation, just gorgeous - thank you for the honour of the drive, I owe you big time: nice to see a GTC in good condition in the flesh - lines are a lot better than I remember; how come there are so many Giulia Supers down there? they just get better with age, would love one for the collection; Montreals are uber cool in any decade: 116 GTVs (the car to have as I got my license early 80's) are ageing well, looking great actually; so many spiders....all cool; 105 GTV - just timeless classic shape and design: oh yeah the 8C - it was very nice of him to make the effort so thank you no matter what speed you took off at, it was a joy to see the car there: if I didn't mention your car type I liked it anyway!

Ok better stop - I am a grown man but acting like a kid in a lolly store (wife's words)

I will be coming to future events for sure, keep up the good work.

Cheers

Emmanuel