Spettacolo 2011 confirmed - new location and new date.

Started by John Hanslow, August 12, 2011, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wankski

so for non-members how does it work? just roll your alfa onto the grass?

show-n-shine and concorso only open to members?

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Cool Jesus

Hi chaps,
I'm hoping to see if I can wangle the assistance of any NSW member heading down to the Spettacolo. One of the guys in Vic (who will be attending the event) is off loading a 116 AC unit to me, and I was hoping to see if someone could help out in collecting it for transporting back to Sydney. I would then collect from transporter's address or otherwise?

If anybody can help, please PM me. I'm awaiting photos of what will be coming (I expect - condensor, compressor, tubing, brackets and other smaller stuff). I'd also ask to have the items well covered/packed to minimise damage/soiling of your motor...

Any help appreciated. Understandable if not forth coming.

Thanks in advance.  8)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

alfagtv58

Apologies if this was asked elsewhere, but is there room for tow cars and trailers at the new venue?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Martinsifredi on October 25, 2011, 09:12:50 PM
ps : it should not be a problem fro trailers , I am preparing a "map" as per the one that was done for COMO park layout so I will be checking on the drawing to see how much trailer space is available .

Thanks guys ,
Martin
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

jazig.k

just gotta put my opinion in for the choice of timing...
pretty f-ing crap.

6 of us were coming down this year, 3 cars, untill we couldnt get accom' for a reasonable price, then along with everything else that happens on this long weekend, i doubt if any of us are even going anymore [maybe 3 of us in 1 car, but the skyline nationals are on too, in shep].  next year ill book accom' months ahead if i can, or as soon as a date is confirmed.

shame, i look forwards to this every year, being the only event by the alfa club i attend [not ready for track days, yet], but i guess thats the weight of my opinion too.

but if we do come down, dad is happy to volunteer for a judging place, he's done it once before a few years ago, but few people didnt like his choice from what i heard in crowd at announcments, based on condition of the whole car as per the list handed to him, and not just scoring to keep people happy. if i remember correctly, one guy with a near perfectly original car was pissed/annoyed, but dad marked him down for crash damage that had been repaired poorly and showed in the engine bay, panel alignment, and even the windscreen didnt fit right [even i noticed it myself]. pretty discouraging to do it really  :-\

oh well, might see you guys, might not, it'll be fun without me im sure!

hotalfa156

To the committee and John Hanslow,

I am a new member (paid up) who just bought an Alfa 156, not new to Alfa's.

I will congratulate in advance  John and the crew on all the hard work  that have been done and will be done on the weekend to make the annual Spettacolo a marvelous event.  I know what you go through in terms of organization and getting dates, I sit on a committee and I learnt you can't please everybody, and for every negative, you get 100 positives.

Ciao

David Mills

Quote from: jazig.k on October 28, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
oh well, might see you guys, might not, it'll be fun without me im sure!

Got that bit right!

Joe Garra

Have a great day everyone! Sad I'm missing my second one in a row - working in morning and 6 year old daughter's dance concert in afternoon.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Steve S

Alright, see you guys on Sunday. I hope the weather holds up!

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: hotalfa156 on October 28, 2011, 03:12:16 PM
To the committee and John Hanslow,

I am a new member (paid up) who just bought an Alfa 156, not new to Alfa's.

I will congratulate in advance  John and the crew on all the hard work  that have been done and will be done on the weekend to make the annual Spettacolo a marvelous event.  I know what you go through in terms of organization and getting dates, I sit on a committee and I learnt you can't please everybody, and for every negative, you get 100 positives.

Ciao

Well said  :)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Neil Choi

Quote from: jazig.k on October 28, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
just gotta put my opinion in for the choice of timing...
pretty f-ing crap.

A bit unfair I would say.  But entitled to your opinion.  Please help out if you can.  Another Alfa on the field is most welcome.

See you all there if you can.  

Cheers all

Neil

wankski

just came back from it...

good show guys - well organised as always and good to see some tents up, koni was cool, don't think i've seen that before!\

classic spettacolo weather  ;D

Victor Lee

Some special appearances at Spettacolo today -

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb