Spettacolo 2011 confirmed - new location and new date.

Started by John Hanslow, August 12, 2011, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

$60 to sell your car on carsales, $20 at Spectacolo, how cheap do you want it?, some people go to Spectacolo for one reason, to buy or sell a car, i know because i talk to people there and they ask me do you know anyone who wants to sell or buy an xyz, we don't want Spectacolo to be a drain on the clubs finances, the hiring of the grounds doesn't come cheap, user pays, whats wrong with that?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

alfagtv58

colcol, nothing wrong with that.  But my point (probably not well made) was simply financial members should see some benefit with this type of thing, if the club wants to use this as a revenue stream (or cost recovery), fine, but offer a discount to the membership.  And you are correct, lots of people go to Spettacolo to buy/sell, it has never attracted a fee in the past (members or not).

Anyway, we elect a committee to make these sorts of decisions, its not up to us keyboard warriors.

Back to topic, looking forward to the new venue. Bigger and better!  Great work John, no doubt you have lifted this event over the last few years!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brad M

Quote from: alfagtv58 on September 09, 2011, 01:29:23 PM
Anyway, we elect a committee to make these sorts of decisions, its not up to us keyboard warriors.
.. and they make those decisions based on what they think members want, so I don't see the problem on expressing your view.

Quote from: colcol on September 09, 2011, 11:30:23 AM
$60 to sell your car on carsales, $20 at Spectacolo
I think that breaks down to;
- Advertise the car on carsales for $60 until it's sold... this is on a site we all recommend when someone lands on the forum looking for a car to buy.
- To put a sign in your car's window while on display for $20 for a few hours to people looking to buy a car, who have probably already checked carsales.
I know which way I'd go.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
We discussed the issue of people wanting to sell their cars at Spettacolo on Wednesday at the Commitee meeting. Very clearly, there is no charge for anyone who would like to put a shingle up on their car at Spettacolo.

The car boot sale option: Given we have now upgraded to a brilliant site with more room and ammenities, John is considering partioning an area specifically for car boot sellers and charging them a nominal fee for the day.

I hope that provides some clarity on this issue.
Best Regards
Phil
Secretary AROCA Vic. Inc.

John Hanslow

Riding on the coat tails of clarity ...   There are a few simple issues here.

I believe there should be a structure and a culture where we get Spettacolo to fund itself like the 6 hour.  Unfortunately Car Displays and Concorso are a different kettle of fish to a the competition series in place.  So that is just a thought and not a reality today.

It was a thought that to increase revenue raising in making each segment pay for itself - and on the face of it charging a fee for car boot sale and selling a car seemed a reasonable solution.

The reality is that we struggle to get volunteers to judge, manage gate and field and parking control and its just not fun at all. 

So to keep it simple, a decision was very recently made to not charge a fee on due to control issues. 

Accordingly and more importantly the boot and car sales opportunity is something that we give our members free of charge.  So in this modern e-world we can use this as a positive so at Spettacolo being a free event for all and a few bonus options that we give our members and create a positive thru the simple practical side of things.

That creates real value for the club and its members !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

ANG156

Quote from: John Hanslow on September 07, 2011, 01:15:48 PM
Richard, last year we had 85 entrants in Wash'n Shine.  This year we are looking at 100 as a target !!!

So we want old cars (101, 102 & 105 series) and new cars - also 916 Spiders, 939 series sedan, coupe and spider.

Ok so if my entire family brought their cars to the show and shine that would be 4, richard can bring his 4 cars so that totals to 8 cars from 2 people. Add in the numerous cars that members own it should easily get 100 cars. Trouble is trying to get everyone to come on the day.

EZEE

Hi AROCA VIC friends,

what is the feeling towards interstate cars being there? - to be honest it is a very long shot but I am tempted to bring a car from Sydney. So far I have been lucky enough to convince the wife and two kids for a weekend away, the car might be a stretch.

Either way I am looking forward to meeting some of the characters on this forum and seeing some lovely cars.

Emmanuel

alfagtv58

Quote from: EZEE on September 14, 2011, 09:18:13 PM
Hi AROCA VIC friends,

what is the feeling towards interstate cars being there? - to be honest it is a very long shot but I am tempted to bring a car from Sydney. So far I have been lucky enough to convince the wife and two kids for a weekend away, the car might be a stretch.

Either way I am looking forward to meeting some of the characters on this forum and seeing some lovely cars.

Emmanuel

EZEE - I think Phil Nash answered your question in the other thread, but just to confirm in this thread.....YES, all visitors most welcome, the more the merrier!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

John Hanslow

Yep, all interstate Alfisti welcome.

I have a Wash'n Shine award for the interstate club members too as all AROCA club members were invited to attend. 

After all it's the Melbourne Cup weekend so while some may be away, this will balance out with interstate participants visiting family, going to the Cup or more realistically,  going to Spettacolo.

Don't forget to book accommodation asap.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Steve S

I would be happy paying $20 to sell my car on the day. Do I need to contact someone or just turn up?

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi Steve. There is no cost to members or non-members to put a "for sale" sign up on there Alfa at Spettacolo.
Best Regards
Phil Nash
Secretary AROCA Victoria Inc.

EZEE

Hi Guys,

I am coming down! the family is booked (accom. wasn't easy) and I am looking forward to meeting you all. Thank you for the encouragment. Looking forward to it.

Doesn't look like I will bring the 2600 though, Phil, apologies in advance.

Cheers

EZEE

1969read

Would l be able to bring my Ute to the outside of the show and bring my Alfa parts in my shed to sell, I am an club member and happy to forward the costs of having a table or back of Ute. Sorry my Alfas in the the shed being worked on so I cannot bring her to the Show Thank you Jason Read

Storm_X

I have allways wanted to enter my Giulietta in a Spettacolo, but i am moving into my 1st home that weekend.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

John Hanslow

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata