Spettacolo 2011 confirmed - new location and new date.

Started by John Hanslow, August 12, 2011, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Quote from: Victor Lee on October 30, 2011, 06:37:09 PM
Some special appearances at Spettacolo today -

The old/classic/rare vs the new!!!!!

Pretty good showing despite the undecided weather.

John, you need me to organize your Spettacolo, at least I get the weather right for the sprints :D :D :D

Neil Choi

Quote from: Brad M on October 30, 2011, 06:54:17 PM
if you're not in some boys club, or mates with the committee.

What boys club?  Where is it, I would like to join.  But aren't we all a bunch of girls, then again, I have no mates and I didn't enter show and shine or concorso.  But I am on the committee!!!!

Neil

UNICO

The show was great even with the ordinary weather

ps. Thanks for having the jumping castle and the face painter. it kept my 3 kids entertained while I had a good look at the cars on display. Haven't been able to that for a few years now. Thank you

pancho

Great turn out of cars considering the weather.

A BIG Thank you to those who put this together. I wasn't able to stay long but great cars, people and a fantastic venue.

PS best get a different mobile coffee guy for next year, that was the worst service I've ever seen.  >:(

Considering the elements it would also be good if some stalls sold umbrellas  ;D

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Brad M on October 30, 2011, 06:54:17 PM
Gotta note during the presentations it was overheard someone expressing a belief that there is no point entering (assuming Show n Shine or Corcorso) if you're not in some boys club, or mates with the committee.

I recall judging a wash and shine category a few years back and afterwards being accused of being corrupt, which pissed me off immensely.  It's attitudes like this that make me quite angry, when I know the large effort that volunteers put in to make days like today a success.

My thanks go to all the organisers and volunteers - a great day despite the weather.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scarlan

I heard that the Maserati Car Club had their president's day event at the Studley Park Boat House at 10.00am, so I made my way to Wesley via there.
Attendance at Studley Park; nil.
By the time I got to Spettacolo there would have been nearly 100 cars?
That is what makes Alfa Romeo owners so special.
A fantastic turn out, a great venue, and some beautiful cars magnificently presented.
The organizers and the participants should all be congratulated.
Although the 8C may have been a little naughty, what an amazing sound!
Current:
07 159 Q4 3.2JTS
Previously:
99 156 Twin Spark
91 33S Permanent 4
86 33Ti

Silver105

Many thanks to the organizers, amazed we had so many cars turn up today given the weather and if the weather was half decent it would have been an awesome day.  Just to counter a previous comment, this was my first time that I have turned up to Spettacolo, and first time that my 105 was actually driven in the wet. Importantly I do not know any members with the exception of a friend who has recently joined to get a club permit for his GTV6 and suggested I bring my car along. We are definitely not part of the Alfa Club establishment and to my surprise my Silver 105 won a show and shine. Not sure how the judging takes place as their were some seriously exceptional 105's but given the weather etc I thought it was a good turn out and a great day. Thanks to those involved.

massiveluvbuddy67

I will put my hand up!
I am on the committee and won a show and shine award - class B.
But, my car was the only entry for that class!
Got to be in it to win it!  ;D

Miss Alfa Sprint

Thanks to John Hanslow and everyone on the Spettacolo organizing team, despite the weather and a few technical hiccups it was quite a good day. The weather conditions gave me an interesting photography challenge  :D

Best part of the day for me was just catching up with everyone and meeting some new faces  :) there is nothing quite like spending a whole day at an AROCA event!

Thanks  8)

1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

GTV-074

Couldn't make it due to work committments but managed to drop by very late in the day.

The new setting is fantastic and the set up look a treat.

Well done to all who helped with the organisation - wouldn't have been easy first up at the new venue and the weather on the day!

Hopefully will be there with my car next year.

Cheers & Well done to all.

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

pep105

Great day and and a pretty decent turnout, proving the weather wasn't a deterent.

Really like the venue the grass is so perfect I was worried my Alfetta's gearbox leak was going
to spoil it !

Good to catch up with new & old faces. It feels really good to park an Alfa on the grass again.

Congrats to John and all the others involved, a well organised and enjoyable event

Well Done

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

ALFAAA

I would like to congratulate John and the Team for organizing a great Spettacolo. :)

You will always have someone complaining about something :'(

Had a great time ,Keep up the great work.
Again the Alfa Club has put on a great day. ;)
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

alfagtv58

Another vote of thanks from me. Been to Spettacolo every year since 04 I think, bit this year I bought the family with me, the jumping castle, face painting & balloon things were a hit with the kids.  Thanks to those that volunteered on the day in some ordinary conditions!

Great new venue, trailer parking is an issue though...

Shame the 8c driver made us all look like buffoons  :-\
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

maurizio

Great venue, loved the grass which soaked up all that rain without turning to mud with all the cars.

I quite enjoyed the 8C giving everyone a bit of a show. An extremely rare exotic with the best exhaust note on the planet. If that cannot be enjoyed then it's quite disappointing.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: maurizio on October 31, 2011, 12:35:41 PM
Great venue, loved the grass which soaked up all that rain without turning to mud with all the cars.

I quite enjoyed the 8C giving everyone a bit of a show. An extremely rare exotic with the best exhaust note on the planet. If that cannot be enjoyed then it's quite disappointing.

The problem is not with us enthusiasts enjoying it, the issue is with the general public not enjoying it.  And unfortunately, there are a great number of the general public who have absolutely no interest in cars, and would rather they went away.  The residents who object to having the F1's running near their houses is a great example of that.  I wasn't there, so I don't know what the driver of the 8C did or didn't do, but if it was pulling a few revs and generally making a lot of noise, that tends to give those objectors a good bit of ammunition.