Turismo Tasmania 2012 - Spirit Of Tasmania

Started by Victor Lee, July 29, 2011, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

Hi all,

For the Turismo Tasmania 2012 event next Easter, we have secured a group discount on the Spirit Of Tasmania for the evening sailing of Thursday 5th April 2012!

But due to the high demand for that particular sailing, the discounts are only available for the first 50 car places only (and their occupants) or 31st October 2011, whichever comes first.  After that, you'll get the best going fare rate.

Yes, we appreciate that the total costs of this trip haven't been released yet (will be available in the next few weeks), so why should you book the ferry?  A rough estimate:  Budget on -
Accommodation: $150-200 per room per night inc breakfast for two people for four nights
Lunch: $20pp for 4 days
Dinner: $50pp for 4 days + perhaps $25 more for the grand dinner at a superb unique location in Hobart on Monday 9th April.  Alcohol extra at all functions.
Plus allow for morning and afternoon teas, fuel and misc fees ($100? for other events).

The beauty of the ferry fare is that it is fully refundable up to 8 weeks prior to departure except for a $5 booking fee per person!  So if you are serious about coming, why not secure your discount on the Spirit Of Tasmania first?

Due to the popularity of this tour, you MUST first register on the website.  Then we will send you the Fare Sheet and Booking Form.  Suffice to say, the fare is cheaper than what you can get yourself on the internet!  Also, as this is an AROCA Club event, you must be a current financial member to attend and goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) be driving an Alfa for this Alfa tour!

Go to the Tour website and register!  : www.alfaromeoturismotasmania2012.com.au

Charirman Mark Baigent and I are waiting for your registrations!

Cheers

Victor

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

lance105

Thanks for the update Victor - costs all sound pretty reasonable, and its great that a discount fare has been pre-arranged. Just need to budget for all the Tassie wines I plan purchase to restock the cellar!
1971 GTV 1750 (S2) - weekender;
Audi Allroad 4.2 V8 - work car
Past: 1973 GTV 2000; 1982 Alfetta 2.0

Victor Lee

Hi all,

Everyone who has registered on the www.alfaromeoturismotasmania2012.com.au website should have received an email from Organising Committee Charirman Mark Baigent last night.  This email has the Spirit Of Tasmania Fare Sheet and Booking Form.

If you have not received this email, then please send an email to tassie2012@alfaclub.org.au for us to follow up.

I wish to re-iterate that whilst I am confident that our group discount is better than the Spirit Of Tasmania's sailings of Thursday 5th April to Devonport and returning Tuesday 10th April to Melbourne, fares before and after those dates MAYBE cheaper on-line.  Each person should check for themselves to determine the best rates.

Don't forget, our group discount rates only applies to the first 50 cars (and their occupants) or by 31st October 2011, whichever comes first.

Cheers

Victor

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Mike

Gents this fast approach's now, so it would be good to get a confirmation of the day plan so locals can plan meet up points.

Also, not sure if people are aware, but when 100+ outsiders land in Tasie looking for accomodation at Easter, booking in advance comes highly reccomended.

My shed sleeps ten in Hobart...

Cheers
Mike.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P