Few social pics from yesterday's Lakeside practice

Started by hammer, July 23, 2011, 07:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Here's a link to a few social pit lane pics I put up on the Qld Raceways Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.258432120839511.84051.193280544021336&type=1

If anyone took any pics at Lakeside today, post em up. Very keen to check them out.

Charlie Clements in his Ferrari leads the way in group 1 after two races, from Rob Robson and Ken Percival in Alfas.

Bill Magoffin and Alf Musemici are one race win a piece in group 2, with Colin Wilson-Brown and Mark Jackson hot on their heels.

I scored my first pole in group 1 but took a tap in the ass from Trevor Basset's Ferrari on lap one and we both finished in the armco. A few running repairs to the Giulietta and we were back out for race 2. Trevor's Ferrari is straight off the panel shop in an effort to fix it for Morgan Pk next weekend.

More on Lakeside tomorrow. Cheers.

Paul Gulliver

Brent ,

Some pretty good times and a good roll up from the NSW punters

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?24/07/2011.LAKE

Your facebook selection shows a lot of great QLD cars we probably wouldn't otherwise see.

Thanks  

Gully

Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

hammer

More pics. A few good ones of the unfortunate incident of the Ferrari and the Giuli.

Not sure if you can all access them but if you "like" the Qld Raceways FB profile you should be able to view them.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177730672293593.47010.100748946658433

Evan Bottcher

Nice pics! Any details on the orange stepnose you can share?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

hammer

Darryl,

Thanks for the pics mate. Great to see you yesterday.

Evan, the Orange 105 is owned and built by Mike Heeremans of Stanthorpe, Qld. It is a GTAm replica, running a hot 2l Vin Sharpe engine. It is a gorgeous machine and a true credit to Mike's attention to detail. Michael's pretty gentle on it but it's still a very quick little jigger.

More East coast challenge pics on this link from Mark Pryor Photography. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2060178658846.2113824.1076043460

Congrats to Bill Magoffin & Alf Musemici for two wins and two seconds each in group one. Lakeside owner John Tetley declared them joint winners and is making a 1st place trophy for each. A very determined run from Mark Jackson to take third place.

Group two saw Ferrari pilot Charlie Clements take the trophy from Ken Percival in second and a very hard charging Rob Robson in third. Well done Robbo, you blew away everyone's expectations this weekend mate.

Thanks to everyone who took part and all the club members who came along to support. It was a wonderful weekend and we look forward to playing host to the East Coast Challenge in either 2013 or 2014. Cheers.

Bear157

Congrats to all the runners today. It was a great day of Alfa racing. Have to agree with Brent, Mike's 105 is definitely a credit to him and it is an inspiration to someone who is building a race car to see such quality workmanship. It was great chatting to him about what he did, as it always seems to be with the Alfa racers, who always are so generous in information and advice.

Good on you Robbo for such a hot run and well done Brent on such an awesome comeback from the back of the pack after yesterday's unfortunate run in with one of those other Italian machines. Also wonderful to see Jacko going at it hard again in the GTV.

If that is an indication of Alfa racing in Australia, then it is alive and well and I can't wait to get amongst it!

Well done to all responsible for organising the event.

Rob

ItalCarGuy

I remember seeing that orange car when it was a sad tortured shell in Doug S's garage as a project that he had inherited. I was amazed when I learnt it was the same car. It is a beauty.

MD

Now that the pre event revving is all over, from a spectators point of view, I have to thank all the guys for putting on a great show. Seems like the more the interstate drivers get to know the track the closer the racing is getting and a treat to watch. Some great rivallary between drivers even from the same state which added to the joy of spectating.

Would have liked to see some Fiats and Lancias in the mix.Perahps next year. Ferrari did themselves proud. Well done guys.

Congratulations to the NSW team and thank you all for a superb week-end of motor sport.

...and you know what? Humble pie isn't as bad as they make it out to be..

...grizzle ,mumble, mumble, shiet, kick the bucket, slam the gate, pull down the letter box,cancel the ABBA concert..... :) :) :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Enforcer

Just hit home in the eFFie after the weekend. What a great weekend of motorsport we had yet again. Thanks to all you Qld guys for putting it together, for entering, for the racing and in particular KP, Brent and MJ and rest of the AROCA Committee. Everybody left with a big grin on their faces and that says it all. The road trip to Lakeside is starting to take on legendary status AFAIK.

I got some vision that I'll post after I unpack the truck!

Regds

Bill
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

Enforcer

73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

hammer

Thanks for the vision Bill and thanks for a thrilling weekend of racing. The VRA group was a hoot to watch. We were all perched up on the hill, watching you guys belt down under the bridge, into Hungry and up the Eastern Loop. KP was leading the cheer squad for the 105s and I was trying to shout him down with calls for the 116 boys!

See you next year down south somewhere.

Brent

MD

Here's a video of Group 1 qualifying run on Saturday including the pile up.

More to follow when I get a chance..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Bear157

MD

Just to round off my posts, here is Group 2 at Lakeside strutting their stuff.

..take no prisoners.. ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0