Hello to all Alfisti in the outer SE suburbs (dandenong to pakenham)

Started by kartone, July 27, 2011, 01:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

Why not organize an easy-going get-together, say at a caffe or eatery (preferably with a view to our parked cars), at someone's garage / carport (mine is first-up) for drinks and a chat.
Nothing formal, arrive around such-and-such hour, leave anytime. In summer maybe a garage party, a BBQ around our cars (my place first-up, I live in at the end of a court).

Cheers,
Lawrence

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

John Hanslow

Good effort Lawrence.

Pitty you do not live the next town past Pakenham as a few club committe and members have discussed the possibility of having a Gippsland Chapter.

Gippsland is a big area from the coast to the Apline region. It is quite viable to have this as our next region to be developed and get going - even if it is for coffes and the occasional drive.

Otherwise see you at the Loch Pub for lunch when we have an EMR in the next few months ?

Cheers

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

kartone

John, I just want to meet other Alfisti in my neck of the woods, nothing formal, just a chat and possibly drinks & food.
See you at the Awards dinner tomorrow.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

redalfaracing

Good idea Lawrence. i would offer my place too, but some of you guys would be horrified to bring your Italian machinery up my road in Officer.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

kartone

Greg, my 80 GTV with the original ride-height can clear most sump-busting obstacles, the tires are the issue.
I heard of illegal stills, weed patches in the hills and hollows of Officer ;D.
Berwick or Beaconsfield pubs, Moods, other suggestions ?
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

redalfaracing

Lawrence, John Hanslow's idea of going a couple of towns East isn't a silly idea. Get to have a run on the way to lunch. How about here? http://brandycreekwines.com.au I havn't been there but i love Brandy Creek and the menu looks interesting.
Any interest John?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

John Hanslow

While informal groups are a great way to share the '"over of the marque", our calendar is a bit full and adding various coffee/interest groups is hard to manage.

That said there is no reason why a post can not be put up inviting those interested to email you.

The reality is that its starting these of which is difficult unless you have core group of enthusiasts.

Cheers.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata