147 GTA Undertray - come loose

Started by 155 lover, July 03, 2011, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

155 lover

Just a quick one - my undertray has come loose at the rear fixed points, so it drags along the ground or close enough to it that I can occassionally hear it. It is otherwise in good condition and not ripped/broken.

I can find the two holes used for holding in the under tray and they are in good condition - just wondering what I can use to fix the undertray back in position? I am going to have a crack at it tomorrow, so any ideas before my trial and error approach would be appreciated.

Thanks.
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA

Neil Choi

155 lover

Thanks. That was my first thought. I ended up using a large washer and nut and bolt and it seems pretty secure.
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA

colcol

My JTS has on the body, tapped speed nuts and nut rivets which are installed like a rivet, with a big rivet gun, and they have a thread in its bore, but due to Alfa's bizzare quality control or someone loosing the originals there were a mixture of countersunk screws and torque screws and cap screws, which it meant that i needed 3 fastener tools to take off the undertray, so i converted to good old cap screws, so that i only need one allen key to remove and install it, TIP, if it starts dragging on the ground, cable tie it up until you have time to fix it otherwise it will wear itself out and you will have to replace the worn out sections, not that it happened to me......., Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]