My introduction

Started by EZEE, June 10, 2011, 07:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZEE

Hi All,

I would like to say hello. Been following with interest various threads and banter over the last few months and have finally felt compelled to join the chatter. For all the personalities on this and many other forums it is amazing how so many like minded people will get together and offer advice and generally try and help total strangers. As for the Alfa disease as some of you call it - wow! it never leaves you does it......life at times takes you away from ownership but still the glint in the eye is ever present.

I have been a life long Alfa supporter/nut but unlike many of you am not mechanically minded - with no real interest to start to be honest but I hope that doesn't make me any less worthy. Love reading about it all however and do enjoy the cars.  I  particularly enjoy the threads on rebuilds + restorations, many of you are truly talented. First Alfa I owned if I remember correctly was a 1976 Alfetta GT 1.8, then a 1976 Alfetta 1.8 sedan, then a 1978 GTV 2.0 then a 1980 Alfetta 2.0 red sedan -with a few FIATs in between but by 1990 was married, needed to be practical buy a house start a business etc.......wasn't until 1999 or so that I was back into (allowed...?) an Alfa with a collection of 164's over a few years and then again another break. Fast forward to today....I am only 45 so have many years left to fulfil a dream to have a collection of classic Alfas built over time.

Been a member of AROCA NSW since mid 1990s though due to work and family became less involved over time. Now with time becoming available (well making time available, I may add) am looking to get more involved again. Currently own 2 x 105 Spiders and have done so for many years, a 1975 white Aussie one and an 1985 US import in black - both stored and not used enough. Mrs EZEE drives an Alfa 159 everyday so still flying the flag.

Am currently looking to buy a decent classic 105 GT/GTV, Giulia Super or Montreal (but these seem really rare here in Oz). I know this is all a bit open ended but am hoping that the enthusiasts here on the forum and in the club will help along the journey. For the record my mechanic and good friend of more than 35 years is Frank from Franks Pitstop here in Sydney so all my cars are well looked after.

Cheers

EZ

MD

Welcome to the Forum Ezee. (Love the name)
You seem to have a good handle on things Alfa even without spanners.

If you care to send me a PM, I may be able to assist you with a Joolie and maybe even a Monti.

Cheers, MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

EZEE