75 Performance.

Started by Duk, May 27, 2011, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duk

Some other work that I'm doing. This is requiring a lot more effort than I 1st thought it would:

ARQ164 Shane

what that a patton for ? have you started on exhaust for the heads
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Duk

That is the lower section for the passenger side. No, I haven't started the head sections yet, I'll make the drivers side lower section 1st, then I'll attack the (should be much easier  ::) ) head pieces.

Storm_X

that exhaust looks so ghetto i love it.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Duk

Progress has been a little slow in the last month and a bit due to other commitments, but some has still been made. I've machined the pulley for the harmonic ballancer, the rectangular block next to the plenum chamber is an inline water to air intercooler and due to the location of the crank pulley, I've moved the supercharger's drive hub outwards (I'm still to add an extra internal support bearing to the hub).
I still need to machine the supercharger pulley, add a belt tensioner to the the supercharger mount plate, make oil feed and drain lines, mount the water to air intercooler's radiator, etc, etc........... Still plenty of work to do.

shiny_car

It's great you've got the skills and machinery to perform such mods to that standard. Impressive.

Always good to see some progress, no matter how small.

I'd like to see the 'TRD' badge removed in the future. ;)

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Duk

Quote from: shiny_car on August 18, 2011, 03:04:05 PM
It's great you've got the skills and machinery to perform such mods to that standard. Impressive.

Always good to see some progress, no matter how small.

I'd like to see the 'TRD' badge removed in the future. ;)

:)

Cheers  ;D. I actually became a Fitter and Machinist instead of say a Mechanic or an Electrician, 'cause I'm a petrol head.
It'd be great if I had my own lathe and milling machine, but I don't......

As for the TRD label, I'll deal with those when all of the important stuff is done. Maybe some sort of Alfa Romeo label could be nailed (they are a twisted helix metal nail) on in its place to look all official  8)

Storm_X

that's the exact same intercooler as what i have

Duk

Quote from: Storm_X on August 19, 2011, 11:54:02 PM
that's the exact same intercooler as what i have

Sounds to me like you should also be starting an 'in the build' thread so we can see your progress as well  8)

Storm_X

not much has happend. the motor is pretty much built. now i need to start on the body. plus i have a few plans for my daily once i go on holidays over the new year BUSY BUSY BUSY.

Also with the intercooler have you tried to screw any hose fittings into the water in/outlet threads yet ?? everything ive tried just gets striped, even the fittings that came with the cooler and i orderd more from some where else and still the same problem. I think the thread shrank when they welded it.

Duk

Quote from: Storm_X on August 22, 2011, 05:46:27 PMAlso with the intercooler have you tried to screw any hose fittings into the water in/outlet threads yet ?? everything ive tried just gets striped, even the fittings that came with the cooler and i orderd more from some where else and still the same problem. I think the thread shrank when they welded it.

No I haven't but thanks for the heads up. I'll check the thread an I'll let you know how I go.

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Duk

Had a bit of a laugh at myself the other day. I actually had the cam belt pulley/sprocket on the crankshaft the wrong way around and so the harmonic balancer wasn't sliding onto the crank properly. So when I lined up the supercharger drive pulley on the crank, I thought I was going to have to have the supercharger's pulley a long way forward. When I put the harmonic balancer on properly, I actually had to machine a heap of metal from the the superchargers drive snout and definitely won't be needing the extra support bearing. That bearing was going to limit SC input speed to 14000rpm and that might not have been enough  ;).

Live and learn  ;D.

MD

You're a good lad for confessing your goof ups so now go and sink three ales for your penance and sleep it off.. ;D

SuperMech never makes any foul ups but his get up leaves a lot to be desired-you know, Y fronts on the outside of his tight trousers, long cape at the back flowing in the breeze. Welding goggles on 24/7. He is a real sight to see under a hoist.

..now aren't you glad you are just a mere mortal ?

Stay sane fella. Me, I'm changing my medication and after posting this, my address..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0