AROCA Qld Sprints at QR June 11

Started by hammer, May 24, 2011, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hey Darryl,

If you haven't already done so, would you mind emailing those pics to Rory for the club mag? He's on persemprealfa@hotmail.com

Cheers,

brent

L4OMEO

Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, since I don't know all the drivers some captions would be useful.

Cheers
Rory

PS don't bother with any pics of the Corolla ....
2002 156 GTA

MD

Er let me see now, how do those adjectives go? Poop, sheit, chunder and the subdued, rats!! Yep you guessed it, still being plagued by ECU gremlins. Loves the dyno. I think it thinks its the second home from home!! Take it on the track, doesn't want to run past 3500rpm . FAAARK !!  ??? ???

..anyone spare some matches ?

Hammer, that ECC prospect seems to be fading man. Don't let anyone tell you building race cars is a breeze. It's a good thing I never say die !

..now where is that carton of headache pills again...??
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Darryl

Headache pills? Do they say on the packet "If pills don't work, bang head on wall or try to build a racecar"?

Maybe the car is agoraphobic? Can yo get pills for that?

MD

Darryl,

Knowing my luck so far with computer glitches, my local chemist would only have the suppository type of aspirins. ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Just for the record, I finnally got that sucker to run like it should. Wasted 3 weeks on bull.
For those that are interested, it turned out to be introduced noise in the trigger circuits from noise sources in the engine bay. This all came about from me being a stickler for neatness and trying to be just too slick with presentation instead of paying a closer attention to RF energy.

There was also a likely missed programming glitch in the set up. The TPS filter was raised to level five in my Haltech which I am sure was also filtering out the required signal above 3500rpm.

After considerable experimentation and relocating loom wires to minimise noise induction and a reset to zero filtration of the TPS, the engines runs fine.

..is it possible for hair to take root again? I can't say I enjoy this chrome dome look... ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

East Coast Challenge back on for you then old boy?? We still have a spot for you.

MD

Well hammer I tried real hard to get us there but every time I got close to a track something else would tell me this car needs much more testing and sorting to be ready for some hard work and so the practical answer is not this time around.

However I will spend time at the sprints to progressively bed things in so you will see us around the traps soon enough.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Nice one mate. See you at the next sprint meeting. Can't wait to see that machine of yours going full throttle.