AROCA Qld Sprints at QR June 11

Started by hammer, May 24, 2011, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

I know I just got through banging on about the Lakeside Sprints but now it's time for me to beat the drum for the next round of the AROCA Sprint Series. Qld Raceway at Willowbank is the venue, Saturday, June 11 is the date and entry forms can be found by following the link below.

https://secure.nsane.net.au/qr/entry_form_street_sprint.php

If you're an avid forum reader and haven't had a sprint before, come along on June 11 and let us talk you through it (or talk you into it). It's bloody awesome fun and I must admit I'm addicted.

See youse all there n that, eh (that's the Qlder coming out in me the night before Origin).

MD

Sounds like the plan. Time to kick the Cab's arse out of the garage to earn his keep.

Got him on the trailer already in case he whimps out. Give him a break on the track- he's a virgin.. ;D

See you there fella.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Lookin good Mike, lookin good.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Cheers.

hammer

Sprint entry forms due by this Friday team. Get 'em in and let's go have some fun!

Cheers,

Brent

MD

I swear, no sooner did the ink dry on my entry, it started raining !!!! Cripes it never rains in Qld in winter. I gotta think positive here.. :)

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Mate, it will be fine and cool and there will be some very swift times posted! Possibly not so quick from me though as this is the last outing on this old set of tyres.

KP's engine is fixed and he's threatening it's going to "go like a rocket".

See you there.

hammer

So any other forum users apart from me and MD having a sprint this weekend? Everyone got their entries in?

Showers are forecast, could be a bit of fun out there!! Could give us transaxle monkeys a healthy edge.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

Racing in the rain is about as much fun as going out on Saturday night with your only condom that's got a hole in it.. ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Things are looking up. It's finally breathing..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Nice! All you need is a mirror ball in that cab and you could really party!!

hammer

Good day at the track for the Queenslanders. Bloody cold conditions meant good horsepower but a bit of work to get tyres up to temp for only four hot laps.

I managed to top the time sheets, from KP and Jacko. My new headers worked a treat. Thanks to Vin & Jim for their invaluable advice on those. Only old, hard tyres prevented a PB. MD's new machine had a couple of frustrating hiccups that prevented it from completing a sprint but it certainly looks like it will be a contender when a couple of bugs are sorted.

Big shout out to the Black Douglas, Dougie Stonehouse who turned 67 years young today and nailed his quickest QR time in this particular car. Congrats Doug, you're an inspiration.

Great to see John Fenwick back at the track after a break, as well as Bob Bear who recently purchased a lovely 105 from club member Shane Boynton. Times below. Look out for a full report from KP in the next club magazine.

Cheers,

Brent

BH - 62.68
KP - 63.10
Jacko - 63.21
Dougie - 64.01
Bob - 66.82
John - 68.42
Peter - 68.72
Steve B - 70.40

MD

Well, like all things that have a zillion parts, something is bound to fail. Didn't have the greatest day out as I couldn't get a decent run due to some unexpected issues but fortunately it didn't rain and we didn't break anything for a change so not a bad day for testing at all.

Had a problem with fuel surging out of my breather vent on right hand corners so that's a must fix. Had a selection issue with first gear on my heavily modified selection system so that needs a tweek. Finally had a misfire on full noise runs that wasn't there on the dyno. What can you say ?

Pleased to say I think the car has some potential as a fun machine once the initial bugs are sorted. Brakes and handling seem ok so that at least is heading in a positive direction and so a fun day nevertheless.

Brent, if anything the Joolie sounds a tad quieter but still hauls ass.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Darryl

Brent,
don't you geel a goose for spending monery on headers when you cold have just done this  ;D

Darryl

A few more pics...

Darryl

And a few more (the "Flaming Toyota" also wins the most consistently sideways award)