98 GTV V6 - service history gap...

Started by darkstar, May 16, 2011, 06:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstar

hey all

not sure this is the best place for this but anyway. Am looking at a GTV V6, '98 model, has about 89,000 kms on it.

has a service history after 50,000 kms...seems to have been serviced every 10,000 kms after that, and car generally looks to be in pretty good nick

owner seems pretty honest, and has said that they just didn't get any service history prior to 50,000 when they bought it. Seems they have the 'second warranty book' but not the first

I'm going to get a vehicle inspection done before buying anyway, but just wondered what the experts here think - you think I should be concerned about the lack of history before 50,000?

thanks a lot, in advance

Joe Garra

Depends where it's been serviced recently. Provided it's at a reputable place any major issues should have been picked up.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

TFJ100

Does it have its original registration plate? Maybe you can check a few local dealers and see if they serviced it?
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

darkstar

guys

about time I checked back in to say thanks for the responses

well...I didn't have much luck figuring out what the history was before 50,000 kms

but anyway, I had it checked out by an inspection service, and they basically found nothing wrong with it, so I went ahead and put my money down

the car is an absolute bloody ripper if I may say so...really good nick inside and out, lovely teledial wheels, only 90,000 kays (not much for a '98 model). Such a fab engine note, and seems to attract a lot of attention :)

I got the thing for only 10 grand, which to me is the bargain of a lifetime for such a lovely Italian...

I do have one issue but think I'll post about that elsewhere....