EMR and Regional Chapters Luncheon A Run To Trawool Valley Resort

Started by Anthony Sharp, April 28, 2011, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Sharp

160 register presents
Sunday 22 May 9:00 am for a 9:30 start
Hotel Shoppingtown
13-21 Williamstown Road, Doncaster

The Club is having its first All Regional Chapter luncheon at the Trawool Valley Resort, where all club members are welcome to meet. Then 160 register will have an EMR organized for the Melbourne contingent to convey to the luncheon Register Captain Anthony Miller is planning a drive frue Christmas Hills, Healesville and up north through some favorite great motoring country.

On this drive, the focus is also on the DeDion Cars of the 160 and 116 Series. Of course all Club Members and Alfisti are welcome to come along. Owners of older classic and historic vehicles are encouraged to attend with their start time at say 9.00 am so we can all meet up for morning tea later in the morning. A more direct route will be available to the midday lunch destination for slower vehicles.

This will be a rewarding drive through the hills with a mid morning stop for refreshments at Beechworth Bakery, Healesville at approx. 10.00 am. Anyone running late can meet up with us here for a coffee and refreshment. 

Then we are on again diving through a range of road conditions, heading north towards Yea, all up this should be a 2.5 hour drive finishing at Trawool Valley Resort at midday with a lunch selection available for the club.  We will have a private dining room booked for our use with a set menu on the day.  Tentative price $30.00 per head (not including drinks) TBC.

Once at the resort, we will have time to relax and a chance to get a few photo opportunities and check out the area.  Resort and Luncheon www.trawoolresort.com.au

Luncheon Bookings essential, please book quoting Name, Membership number and mobile number. RSVP Friday 13 May. To book contact Anthony Miller 160 Series Register Captain.  0438-909-313 alfaromeo@iprimus.com.au

Anthony Miller

Only two bookings so far, thanks Colin and Alan. C'mon kiddies
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

John Hanslow

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Anthony Miller

Cheers to all who helped make it a most enjoyable day out, we had 25 people spread across 11 alfas and one generic japanese shopping trolley. My personal highlight was having Alan and Venus Lane filling my mirrors with their lowered late model Spider, reminding me that I need to apply my right foot a little more purposefuly. Once again, Many thanks to all
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

colcol

Thanks Anthony for a great day, the showers during the drive kept everyone on their toes as we drove within the speed limits and we didn't get held up by too many Camrys, on the way to Healesville in the morning when conditions were greasy on the left, did anyone else notice a Hyudai Excell on its lid in a paddock?, there was a tray truck in the field, wondering how to flip it back on its wheels so it could take it to Simms metal and about 2 minutes later coming from  the opposite direction there was a Police car in a hurry to see "whats all this about then?", reminds us all to drive within your limits when its wet, these early morning runs are the clubs best kept secret, if everyone starts to find out about them, then we will get hundreds along, so keep it quite, said he who didn't go on a run until 10 years after joining the club and was angry with himself for missing out on all the good fun, see you at the next one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

John Hanslow

As tail-end charlie, I did have a second look at the car on its roof.  What a day driving thru a range of conditions (sunshine, rain and sometime both at once) and we all had a ball.

A thank you note for Lou and his family (lovely 166) who came from Woodend to join us.  Great effort.

Thanks Anthony for your good work.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata