Meeting this week?

Started by Miss Alfa Sprint, July 12, 2011, 06:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hi everyone just checking, is the annual club meeting on Wednesday night or thursday night this week?

In the Cross and Serpant mag it says it's on thursday, but i just looked at the calander on the website and the club meeting isn't listed on there?

Cheers

Miss Alfa Sprint

1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

massiveluvbuddy67

Tomorrow night. We will update the website.

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: Phil Nash on July 12, 2011, 06:09:38 PM
Tomorrow night. We will update the website.

Cheers

Thanks for that :)

see you then!
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Victor Lee

I know it's Friday, and two days after the monthly Club night last Wednesday, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the evening.

Wednesday the Water Rat's hotel special 1/2 price Tapas night and I think 10 out of 12 people at our table each enjoyed the pub's special tapas platter for $12.50.  Great value!  And the conversation?  Alfas of course!

After the usual formal reports part of the evening, Prez Stuart showed a DVD that he created of the recent Shitbox Rally that he and Editor Sheldon participated in.  Well edited with good accompanying music.  Whilst the great pictures in the Club magazine showed what they got up to, it's the really the moving video shots that gives the viewer a better appreciation of the landscape and the adventure the guys had.  The Q&A at the end by Stuart rounded off a good show.

Then there was still time at the end of evening for a chat with friends.

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Evan Bottcher

I did enjoy the night quite a lot.  Would be good to see a few more folk come along.

I *was* however dismayed to be charged $9.50 for a pot of Asahi beer!  I think the barperson was not surprised by my astonishment.  I didn't make that mistake twice.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

But it would be even better if it was not in the city and was at a suburban pub, and say like the Fiat club at a spacious venue, that had plenty of car parking and close to all the major freeways, and you did not have to drive THROUGH the city to get to it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bix

Colin,
You're clearly living on the WRONG side of the city  ;D