S type wheels gunmetal

Started by Meng, April 11, 2011, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiny_car

Any generic brand 'chips' for cars like these are usually fanciful. You could ask for dyno results and see what happens - I bet they don't have any.

Firstly, don't try and turn the car into something it's not. So it's not a 3.2 and never will be unless you do serious work like a supercharger/turbocharger. However, there IS merit in chipping the car IF you suffer annoying acceleration hesitation that the 2.2 can have. If so, the Autodelta remap is known to fix this. Other remaps might, but I have not heard, so I would only recommend the Autodelta. Unfortunately, there's no 'supplier' for this in MEL. However, in SYD you can go and see Vince at Automoda and arrange to have it done at his workshop. Expect to pay around $1000. If you think that's expensive for something that works, then I'm not sure what you might expect from a US$69.99 chip! Well, actually I do know.  :D

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

wankski

hey shiny, i know what u're saying, and maybe, just maybe REMAPPING the ecu is an ok idea for the 2.2 jts that can suffer hesitation at around 2k rpm...

but did you glance at this POS? it 'intercepts the IAT sensor' - basically another resistor mod.... basically tricks teh car into thinking its running cold all the time...

yeah, dumping more fuel and arbitrarily tricking the ignition advance is a real good idea in a cf3/4 direct injection engine  ::)

hope u like your pre-cats toasty.  :-\

shiny_car

:P I expected it to be of that nature!

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Meng

Just looking for more torque in the lower rpm band, as it's only 3.5-4 rpm that you feel anything kick in.  Not trying to make it a 3.2 and not looking to add aftermarket hardware to the plant, just looking for a better map.  Hoping to get the car ready for the June sprint to try it out, won't be winning anything but it'll be fun to throw it around and then some.
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6