New style magazine

Started by Stuart Thomson, April 05, 2011, 06:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi All,

Apart from the lateness, which was a problem with Aussie post more than the editing team, I am seeking comments on the new style for the magazine.

Critisism or praise, doesn't matter.

BTW the magazine was sent to the post people quite a while ago, don't know why it took so long to appear on peolpe's mailboxes.  The editing team was a little late (no news there), but the production and mailing process seemed to take forever, sorry about that folks, we will do better next quarter.

Cheers
Stuart

Neil Choi

Got my magazine today, actually forgot all about it so a good surprise to see and something to read.

A fabulous fresh look and somewhat seductive, exclusive and eye catching, ie red on black.  Seems a lot of red, which is striking.

Liked the RDA girl.  What was her name?

Missing is the new members column.

Would really like to see more of other members' involvement, ie pics of more members (Alfa cars are good too) and their articles but they themselves have to get off their butts first.

Featured members' cars is a good read.  I like that. 

What more can I say, is Don, is Good.

Cheers
Neil

Miss Alfa Sprint

hmm

I love the photo of the blue car that appears on page 25 in the centre!! I wonder who owns that one  ;) lol

You did a great job wit the magazine layout  8)

Cheers

Marisa  :)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

pep105

My copy came in the mail today I think the new layout looks great.

Gives the magazine a classy look with the cross & serpent and red on black lettering on the headings. Looks at home on the coffee table
with Vogue, Harpers Bazzar, Vanity Fair.....No idea & Manson's Family Circle

Nice photos too - Good job guys.

Great shot of the blue car.....is that a sprint looks familiar - did Frank Musco respray his  ;)

Mmmmmm the RDA girl - dont need new brakes makes you want to buy some anyway... the ad title is a bit
unfortunate though.......
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Joe Garra

it looks fantastic, well done. It's already been read and is now in the waiting room for others to read!
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Repco Lad

Hi Stuart,

Whilst I have been a regular forum reader for over a year, I have only been a member for a couple of months- this edition being my second club mag.

One of the challenges of being new is getting to know the members and the club. Given my member number is 4000 something, there are a lot of Alfas out there. From my perspective, who are you, what model do you own and what have you done or are in the process of doing to it?

So here are a couple of suggestions from a newbie's point of view:
* member's profile section. A selection of active club members per edition and a paragraph on their story

* member's restorations. A selection of current restos/ mods (large or small) that are being done. A couple of paragraphs of info, rather than a full story

* register profile. Some space dedicated to a particular register each ed, featuring a selection of member's cars. This would provide an insight into some of the great models that you rarely see that are in the club

* sponsor's profile. It would be great to get the background story on some of the sponsors and their history with working on Alfas

A great read any way you look at it

Regards
RL

Brad M

Page 3: Still Refers to Bell's Hotel, don't go there we now go to The Water Rat for our Club Night's.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/content/view/16/29/
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

massiveluvbuddy67

Paul Gulliver

QuoteGreat ideas RL

I would second that. What better place to start than a more detailed profile of the recent inductee's for those receiving life membership to the club exploring their Alfa addictions. I also really enjoy the new format of the magazine.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Excellent.  I am loving the new layout style.  Great job.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).