Oil Filter on V-6

Started by colcol, April 02, 2011, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

I have read several times where the V-6 oil filter is very time consuming to change on these 932 series, as you have to remove part of the power steering to get to it, so sometimes the oil filter misses out on a change, has anyone ever fitted a remote oil filter, that is, an adaptor that spins onto where the original filter goes, then there are 2 hoses that come out of the adaptor then go to a remote place that can be accessed, then these hoses go into a oil filter housing that has an oil filter that is easy to get at, i have seen these devises on 4 wheel drives that get the filter knocked off in rough going and on taxis that this particular model had a hard to get at oil filter, just a thought, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

colin, i'll write up the proceedure when (if) my filters and sensors ever come from germany....

there are a few ways to tackle it...

but to answer your question, yeah, someone did do it in the AO forums, and ended up reverting to original... the thing w/ the v6 is, there ain't much if any at all room to put it else where period...

20,000 km is the service interval for the 156.... while i would not keep oil that long, i would w/ the oil filter... for me that's AGES... that and if you keep the oil fresh and dump it often before it gets real bad, the filter wont get so crammed full of crap either....