Alfa 166 Central Locking Motor

Started by Alfa166, April 04, 2011, 09:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa166

Hi i am looking for central locking motor for rear door of Alfa 166 , anyone know if you can buy these new. Before i ring Alfa dealer and get ready to be ripped off just need to know if they can be purchased elsewhere

Barry Edmunds

I believe that these items are peculiar to the 166 and are extremely hard to find.
No apparent alternative substitute available either.
Your best bet would be to do the rounds of the Alfa dismantlers in the hope that someone is parting out this model.

colcol

Have a look at our sponsors list and you will find a Alfa wrecker or a Alfa Mechanic on our sponsors page who may know where to get hold of one as they have contacts, although i should know, but i don't!, are they the same locking solenoid as used on a 147 or 156 as a lot of these models have interchangeable parts, although as Mr. Edmunds points out they are unique to a 166, as they are a 166 as pointed out on Top Gear they have shocking resale value and a small bingle and they get written off, so there should be a few around, tell us how you get on, and all 166 owners in Victoria, we have a Technical Workshop night at Maranello Pur Sang Motors in Brunswick on Friday May 27th, for bookings email drtool@bigpond.com.au, or phone 0407 090 826, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]