156 Maintenace Manual

Started by michaeljc, March 24, 2011, 08:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaeljc

I was an AROCA member last century and have delved back in now with a cheap 156 T/S manual ..... just for some fun, mainly on the track. As a die hard rear wheel drive lover .... it should be interesting!

Now I have been searching for a 156 maintenance manual [possibly more important than the car itself] for a few days and the best I've found is a 4 volume set from UK (GBP 110 + GBP 90 postage). Manual sounds great but postage seems extreme. PDF version from USA is cheap but I have no idea what I'll get or how exactly relevant it will be for Oz models.

??? Is there anybody out there with any good suggestions on the best way to get a 156 maintenance manual (I have been happy with Haynes & Gregorys types in the past .... but not exist for 156)

2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

colcol

Great to see a 156 on the track, in my opinion the best way to get a 156 workshop manual is have a look on the 156 ebay site where they are ridiculously cheap, about $15 delivered, and it a dvd that you put in your computer, BUT, you will need to be able to capture the image on the screen and send to print, but my computer has not got such a thing, so i installed a GADWIN print screen program, so whatever is on the screen you press PrtScr and it sends it straight to the printer and prints it, so whenever you are doing a job, you print off that section and put it in a clipboard, the alternative is ordering a set from England in hard copy and the last time i enquired it was about $250 delivered to Australia, i have several Alfa 156 DVD's from different suppliers and guess what, they are all the same!, some can also offer a parts manual which is worth buying as they contain part numbers and exploded drawings, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

michaeljc

Thanks Col. I got the DVD yesterday. Better than nothing ... but I want more. I may get the manual from UK when I can think of how to dodge the $150 postage quote. ............ I'll definitely come to the Maranello 932 gig in late May ...... so I better join the club pronto .... Cheers
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV