[TAS] FS: SC14 Supercharger, excellent condition. SOLD

Started by Mike, March 21, 2011, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi as the title says,

I have a spare SC14 superchager for sale.  It was meant to be a backup for my car should I have an issue with the one I am running, but so far so good, so I am moving it on.  They were hard to come by and they can be a lucky dip as far as condition is concerned (read all Aus ones have probably been abused), hence I got 2.
I have pulled down the charger, inspected and re-assembled after being found in eceptional condition.  It comes with the electromagnetic clutch which allows it to be turned on and off (a very handy feature).
I also pulled down and inspected the one I am currently running, they were, to my surprise, both in excellent condition.  I have read that most have lost their rotor coating due to over boosting or age, as can be seen in the photos, this supercharger is perfect.

Use - This is from a 2liter straight twin cam six toyota engine (Toyota Crown).  They are good up to 15psi on a 2 liter engine and I would suspect about 10psi on a 2.5liter engine, and perhaps 7psi on a 3ltr.  On a 1.8/2liter engine, it will transform the car and is the cheapest way to transform your 2ltr engine into a torque monster.

Please note - there is also a SC12 supercharger from Toyota, this was on a 1.6 liter engine and as the name suggests, pumps 1.6liters of air per revolution.  I would not personally run this on 1.6 and above engines.  

Price - $500

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P