Devils pitchfork ---------------------->

Started by VeeSix, February 25, 2011, 06:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeeSix

Starting to get sick of damaging ball joint rubber grease housings with the devils pitchfork, still getting my tool collection together after 15 years, can some of you hot shot members out there post some pictures of the best ball joint seperators out there to use on 90s, 75s and 164s please and also note where you purchased them from, i want to get the best one out there for these models.  ???
Thankyou VeeSix.
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 V6 2.5 12V 
1986 Alfa Romeo 90 V6 2.5 12V
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 3.0 12V Potenziata
1990 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V Zender
1991 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV
1992 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV

scott.venables

Dad and I use a heavy engineers hammer and an anvil made from railway track.  I hold the anvil against the upright and Dad belts the upright from the opposite side.  Pops right out!  Just don't miss....

bt46

I have one of these. Works a treat.
You can also belt the upright where the ball joint is and they pop out. You need a nice large flat faced hammer and you need to belt the upright in a way as to not damage it.

Storm_X

i lowerd my giulietta about 2 months agao and all that needed to be done was just hit it with the hammer a little and broke loose.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

LaStregaNera

Yep, Hammertime - just have to be carefull with your aim on a 164
I've got a pitchfork somewhere, not sure I've ever used it on anything - certainly not anything that the BJ needed to be in good shape afterwards.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6