Club night excitement

Started by Evan Bottcher, February 10, 2011, 08:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Want to see a bunch of 'adults' getting over-excited like little kiddies (me included)?  Show them a new model of Alfa at club night :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Barry Edmunds

Phil

Personal bias aside (because I made the decision to switch venues) most members that I spoke to were happy with The Water Rat, the meals and service. I should have kept the air con going though.
Guest speaker Glenn Ridge was excellent.
Barry

Miss Alfa Sprint

Last night was an awesome club night! Alot of people attended , and it was great to meet people from the forum who i hadn't met in person previously  :)

The new Alfa is beautiful and a real treat to see!  ;D
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Steve S

Victor Lee

The dining room and meals were very good. 

Much better than the other place where you had to remember to book a table (or take the chance they didn't have a table available), or then risk the wrath of one of your friends because you didn't book his spot, or you had to ring up someone whom you know was booking a table ... far too messy!

It was great to be able to roll up, see a spare seat, ask "May I join you?" rather than the formality of the other place.  And there was a good selection of dishes and prices from either the bar menu, the restaurant menu or the Tapas menu.

Having a private meeting room upstairs (I'm sure the ventilation will be fixed for next time) was great also.

So the score after one Club night there:  Looking pretty good!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

John Hanslow

Convenient location and well priced food with a relaxed atmosphere.

Thanks.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Evan Bottcher

I didn't see the last venue.  Last night the food was nice, glad that they have a bar menu which is reasonably priced (similar to Bells, but better food).  I'm wondering if the upstairs room is large enough for a bigger club night?  I suppose we didn't use all the L-shaped space.  Definitely need to improve the ventilation.  Service was very pleasant.

My guess is it will be hard to beat this venue if the club wants to stay in the Sth Melb area.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal