WTB - Giulia Side Carello Indicators (the rectangular ones)

Started by ItalCarGuy, February 08, 2011, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

This is for a friend with a 69 Super. He is after side indicators for his Giulia. Anyone have any to sell?

giulia_veloce

Hi Derek

Any chance of a picture,,as there are a few different versions

Robert

Barry Edmunds

Derek

Those rectangular style indicators are almost impossible to find these days. I have been looking for the rectangular ones for another Super owner but no luck so far.

The spear style are available, depending on which brand. Unfotunately the lenses are not interchangeable between Carello and Altissimo and Olsa.

Barry

giulia_veloce

Hi Barry

Is he talking about the ones on a 1964-68 GSGT coupes ?
The long -skinny type ?

Robert

Davidm1600

Hey guys have you had a look at Highwood Motor co's (UK) website, as they have two styles of the front guard indicator lens.  They may not be quite what you are after.

From memory I bought mine from Classic Alfa, but that would have been a couple of years ago, and they don't seem to have these listed anymore.  Alfaholics seem to have the slightly oval shaped ones for 29 pounds each (ouch) but they come with the chrome surround.  These seem to be the same as what I bought for my car, which is a '69 Super.

Mind you I don't know precisely which sort they are, (ie. Altissimo, Carello or Olsa). 

The other thing too (and I may well be wrong), but I thought that the rectangular ones on the 1300 TI were more squarish on the ends, and with no chrome surround, than say those on later model (non spear type) Supers, which have the more oval shape ones, with the chrome surrounds such as per Alfaholics/Highwood.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Trying to find a decent pic guys. Barry I reckon we may be looking for the same guy :)

giulia_veloce

Hi again.

With no reply to my previous post,ill try a bit harder.

Opened up some drawers and found another type of Super gaurd flasher.
It looks similar to a coupe (drop nose car ) gaurd indicator,but the lens is fatter.
Its an Altissimo, with  21.1990   IGM 5189 IL written on the lens,and Altissimo 32.6072 stamped on the underside.
Seems to be a complete unit without a removable lens = lens + body.
I have seen this type and the GSGT type on supers.
I only have 1 available in very good condition.

Robert

ItalCarGuy

Hi Robert,
Yes it seems that the Super ones are the same. Sorry to be picky but it needs to be Carello for my mate. I ended up being pretty picky with my lights and recently completed my collecting of NOS lights for my Super. So now I have new taillights, spear indicators, front indicators, 5.5" inners(cursive script) and 7" outers(cursive) - All Carello! ;D Cant wait for the reassembly part.

Also looking for a right rear carello taillight assembly in excellent condition for a Super

ItalCarGuy

Hi Pancho, it was Soo from Thailand, who I think you have had transactions with in the past. Not sure if he is still looking.

pancho

Hey D.

ah, yes, Soo. He is after 2 x NOS part # A. and his mate was after part B.  ;D

I have only got 1 x NOS Part B for sale and a few NOS part A's that aren't.