75 Centre Console Update

Started by GTVeloce, June 27, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Due to work on the GTV project, the 75 had been neglected slightly over the past years or so. Anyway, I decided to do a few things on it that needed doing and am very happy with the results. Besides the boring bits (like rebuilding the suspension) I pulled the centre console out and tried to fix a few things.
a) cleaned in and underneath the console as it was filthy from 33 years of dirt as well as around all the joints
b) changed the gear lever boot with a leather one I got for the GTV (ordered 1 and 2 came in the post so I had a spare)
c) got the padded part recovered in leather ($80)
d) added better negative wires for the rear window switches (attached to handbrake mounting bolt) which did make a noticeable improvement
e) investigated and have started installing a USB point in the blank hole underneath the mirror controller

Anyway, nothing major but all up have made things so much nicer, both to look at and to use and without huge cost or time.

Al Campbell

Straight away I picked up one problem- it looks so good the rest of the interior is going to look a bit ordinary.

Nice work.

AL.

ARQ164 Shane

wow $80 buck, I'm a motor trimmer it should have been no more than $30.
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

david sammartino

hey alphie, any chance we could organise a group retrim and get a few of us together and sent you over a few to retrim? For $30 id be willing to pay the 10 bucks postage to sa, and I'm sure a few others on here would jump on board.

ARQ164 Shane

hmhmhm I will do some costing and locate some gray leather  ,I will let you guy know i can do that .
I also make black leather gearboots .

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

johnnyc

alphie, count me in on the re-trim as well. and the boot. actually all of the interior needs to be done for that matter..

ARQ164 Shane

moring all,
I have costed the leather hide ,So i would need about 7 tops to cover my costed at $30 each .
how does that sounded ?
Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

david sammartino

Well i am a definate so thats +1. Any others?

maurizio

Sounds good to me. Count me in.

bteoh

Anthony Miller

Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

ARQ164 Shane

OK guys give me a week or two to get on top of work here, I have 3  console tops already here so I can start them when I get the hyde. Were going to adelaide soon to get it. Can you please PM me your email address, contact details and photo of your current console top (to assess its condition) and I will formalise the quote for you.

cheers All.

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car