Alfa 8C in Melbourne atm

Started by ANG156, February 01, 2011, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANG156

None of you are going to believe it but the alfa romeo 8c is in Melbourne!

On saturday a friend of mine actually saw the car covered on the tow truck but reckons you could tell by the wheels and tailight shadow it was an 8C. I didn't believe him so thought nothing of it till today when i got an email from someone telling me it was at a dealer workshop.

I thought i'd never see an 8C in oz but it looks like the dream has come closer. If only i knew about it earlier i would have skipped work and gone straight there. ;D ;D ;D

dehne

well dont hold out the info where is it lets to an ema for it hold a hugh party any type of celebration just got to get to see it NOW
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Evan Bottcher

It's true, was trying to hold out but I guess the cats out of the bag.  My car has been delivered finally after all this waiting.  I can't wait to collect it.  Being LHD and unregisterable in this country I'm only going to use it for track days and all my best friends will get to have a drive and...

THUD!

Oh.

Back to reality.

*sigh*.  Will be nice to see one in real life.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: dehne on February 01, 2011, 08:53:18 PM
well dont hold out the info where is it lets to an ema for it hold a hugh party any type of celebration just got to get to see it NOW

Who are Emma and Hugh?  Are they the new owners?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

ANG156

Quote from: dehne on February 01, 2011, 08:53:18 PM

I'm not holding out on any info this is what i know. I heard it was at zagame king street before going to another workshop possibly the ferrari/maserati one. My source reckons it the most amazing car ever and too be honest he's not joking. I didn't see it but IMHO the 8c C has so much class, sportiness and seductiveness that it just makes you wanna take it for a burn and you wouldn't care if they locked you up for 30 years cause it would have been worth it.

Maybe other club members know who owns it? Surely whoever owns contacted the club for info etc.

scuzzyGTV

I saw one at Goodwood Festival of Speed back in '07, black: AMAZING!!! I t looked way smaller than I thought it would.
Wish you guys all fun in hunting it down, and maybe even getting an earful of lovely V8, something I didnt get  :'(
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

AlfaACT

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 01, 2011, 09:01:29 PM
... Being LHD and unregisterable in this country ...
Back to reality.

Hey Ev,
I reckon you're just not in the right state (reality or otherwise).
LHD vehicles are not everyday but not uncommon in the ACT!
Maybe a lucky co-resident.

Better come up to Auto Italia if you want a perv ;-)
http://www.autoitaliacanberra.com

J.Pannell

Being a member of the Supra forums (Driving a supra not an alfa, how shameful), one of the guys had the 8C roll into their work shop.

Linky: http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php/65162-Exotics?p=1120410#post1120410

Cheers,
James

ANG156

Thanks for that.

Awesome car. Do you know the guy who posted the photos. Is the dealership the zagame ferrari one? My dad's friend works there but is on leave atm. He said he saw the car though and spoke to the owner. Apparently he's also got a 599.

J.Pannell

Unfortunately I don't know the guy (only through forum name) so I wouldn't know if he actually works at the dealer. I have a feeling its some specialized workshop over east or west. Can't be sure.

The car certainly looks the part though. Would love to test drive it.

shiny_car

I suspect it'd be the Zagame Maserati/Ferrari workshop.

I so hope I can see this car! I was expecting the tin top, not the Spider!

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

ChrisGTA

Didn't see an 8C in their window on my way past earlier but the F40 makes the trip worthwhile!  ;D

1750GTV

I'm still wondering which 8C Alfa it is.
A 8C2300, 8C2900 or an 8C Competizione?
Any one of them arriving in Oz would be exciting.

Chris
1957 Giulietta Spider (750D)
1968 Fiat 500F
1970 1750GTV

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: 1750GTV on February 02, 2011, 10:52:51 PM
I'm still wondering which 8C Alfa it is.

You didn't follow James' link?

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Brad M

Cheers James.

8C Spyder ... Alfa Art
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0