Club Registration

Started by JKaissar, January 24, 2011, 08:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKaissar

Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for all the steps I need to do to have my car on the road under the new(from feb) club permit scheme.

Long story short, my '73 2000GT has been garaged since I bought it in Nov 2009. I take it for a spin around the block every week and everything seems to be in road worthy order(apart from a small oil leak which may be a standard factory feature for alfas). I already have 2 other cars registered, so I didnt want to put another car on the road to be able to only drive it on club events. Now that the new log book scheme will begin soon, I like the idea of being able to drive the car a couple of times a month for private use. Hence my orginal question..

Can someone please point me in the right direction for all the steps I need to do to have my car on the road under the new club permit scheme.

thanks

John Hanslow

The  scheme is much improved and will attrach new club plate members like yourself to the club. There is some info on the home page that may help.

This is a Vic Roads link:

Quotehttp://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

Some others will give you more deatils that you may require.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

JKaissar

Thanks for the reply John.
In the next week or so I plan to join the club so that I can start the process rolling.
The link seems to suggest that all I need to do is either get "a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road".
Do you know if this club has a scrutineer that can do this?
Any help from people who have recently done this would be great.
thanks

Barry Edmunds

The Club does not have a scrutineer for this purpose but you can get a RWC for the vehicle and present this, along with your Club Registration application form which has to be signed by an approved Club officer, Membership Secretary, Secretary or President, to VicRoads.
Under the new Club Permit Scheme you will also be issued with a Log Book which must be filled in at the start of each journey.

massiveluvbuddy67

I have two cars on the new log book scheme and it is very easy to understand and use.
Best Regards
Phil

JKaissar

Gents,
  I filled in the club registration form and sent it in with my payment details to join the club about 2 weeks ago.
I still haven't recieved anything. Anybody know who I can contact on this forum to follow up.
Thanks

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
I know Anthony's computer packed up a couple of weeks ago and he indicated he will be a little behind processing memberships and renewals. He is very efficient when the technology is working.
Best Regards
Phil

MOSTRO

Hi Guys,

I have a 2002 156 GTA which only gets used for occassional drives (approx once every two months) organised by the members of Ausalfa.com

My standard registration is just being wasted as I don't drive the GTA often.

Could someone please let me know as a member of AROCA (vic) I can ditch my standard registration and apply for a Club Reg instead?   Or is there a limit put on the age/type of vehicle that can apply for Club Reg?

AikenDrum105

By the look of it - the vehicle needs to be 25 yrs old or more...  I thought I read somewhere (on here I think) that someone heard of a current model Mustang on club plates in victoria however .....   

Vicroads:  http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

Hope that helps.

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

MOSTRO

Thank AD105,

That's the answer for me.  I guess I'll be eligible in 2027  ;D

John Hanslow

A few people are in your situation with limited use.

But I suppose you just can not have a modern car on 'club plates', whether a 147 or an 8c spider.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

JKaissar

Thanks for all the info guys.
Unfortunately I didnt have time to do anything apart from organise membership.
Now that I am a fully paid member, and ready to get this awesome car on the road, I find out I need to go to Japan again for 2 years, so I have put the car up for sale :(.
Unless someone can kindly offer to store the car for me for about 2 years, it is going to have to go.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6747.0

xrqtr

Hi all I know this hasn't been posted in for some time but I just wanted to clarify things.

So all that is needed is a RWC and proof that you are a member of this club, present this at any Vicroads office and they do the rest??

Is this correct as I've stated or have I misunderstood??

Thanks

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,

You have misunderstood. You missed a key step.

Have a look at the link:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,7391.0.html

Regards
Phil