Gold Fields Update

Started by John Hanslow, January 04, 2011, 04:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

A letter from the Chapter Convenor Barry Williams (slight delay in posting):

Hi to all,

I hope this short note finds everyone well and looking forward to the Festive Season.

Please find attached some information on two  forthcoming events that deserve to be supported and worthy of consideration by our Gold Fields Group.

Firstly Mr Max Foster of Castlemaine has kindly extended an invitation to us all for a New Years Day Picnic Lunch (see details attached) this promises to be a relaxed enjoyable day, and I for one am looking forward to it, it's simply a case of turning up on the day. This particular event has been going for some 30 years in connection with the Vintage Sports Car Club so a gathering of our group along with families and cars will be made most welcome, so let us support the day if at all possible. Please Note: It's B.Y.O. everything.

Secondly please find a brochure and Application Form for the Great Macedon Ranges Grand Tour entries close on the 8th March 2011.
The organisers are making Afla Romeo the featured Marque so again some support from our group would be great, although one of the criteria is that the cars must be over 25 years old. Please refer to the explanatory sheet attached to the Entry Application. Once again this looks like a great weekend designed with participation options.

If you intend to embark on "The Tour" you may have to move quickly as entries will fill fast, please advise me if you enter so I can track numbers.

Since our initial meeting at the Wine Bank Paul Edwards from El Dorado organised his "Le Tour de North East" that proved to be a great weekend complete with some very senic drives and some seriously good fellowship. Abour 14 cars along with husbands and wives had some good laughs, although I didn't find any humour in collecting a speeding fine at Bagshot lightening my wallet by $265 and more importantly the loss of 3 points on my licence.

Paul and his interpid band have now organised an "Alpine Chapter" and will keep us informed on any up and coming activities.

Our Mount Tarrengower Hill Climb Day was enjoyable although because of the inclement weather on the previous days I discouraged some willing participants from Melbourne and Ballarat from coming for fear that they may travel some distance and spend a wet and miserable day, however
on the Sunday the weather and motor sport were excellent. Our Dinner at Capone's in Castlemaine on Saturday night was good and the Pizza and Pasta exceeded our expectations, I am sure everyone enjoyed themselves, as our group were the last to leave the premises!

Finally could I take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe, happy and joyful Christmas, drive carefully and may  your tappets keep on tapping and your flywheel keep on flying.

Blue skys to all,

Barry Williams
email: barryandjennywilliams@gmail.com
Phone: 54415835
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata