VicRoads New Club Permit System

Started by Evan Bottcher, December 30, 2010, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

VicRoads New Club Permit System

As you are aware from 1st of February this year there will be major changes to the Club
Permit System; among them unrestricted use of your car up to a maximum of 90 or 45
days per year. The changes are as follows:

By 1st February all current H and CH plated cars will be issued with a free 90 Day log
book. Each time you use your car you must fill in the logbook before you use the car.
Please ensure that you familiarise yourself fully with the changes to the scheme.

You have until your next registration renewal date to use your 90 days, which means if
you have less than 90 days to renewal, you can, if you so choose, use your car every day.

At renewal time you will have an option of renewing for 90 or 45 days and you will be
issued with a new log book for the next year which will cost an additional $10:00 over
and above your registration fee. At this stage the 90 day permit will cost $121 plus CPI.
At this stage cost of a 45 day permit is not known.

To continue to be part of the scheme the club has been required to enter an agreement
with VicRoads which places certain requirements on the Club, as detailed in the attached
letter from VicRoads.

The Club must maintain a register of all club permitted cars. All members who currently
have cars with Club Permits, where AROCA is listed as the issuing club, must fill out the
attached register form and return it to membership@alfaclubvic.org.au ASAP.

It is essential that all members comply with this requirement as a failure to do so on their
part will jeopardise the Club's involvement and participation in the scheme which could,
in turn, affect your fellow member's.

Regards
Anthony Sharp
Membership Secretary
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

bt46

Hi Evan.
I have been keeping an eye on these changes which are for the better.
Are you awear of any changes to rules pertaining to LHD vehicles/club permits?
Cheers
Dean

alfagtv58

Anyone got the log book yet?  I am still patiently waiting  ::)  I want to drive the truck on Tuesday  ;)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Berlina74

1974 Berlina 2000A

massiveluvbuddy67

Neil Choi

Ha, Phil B, two of my three arrived today too, just waiting on the third one otherwise I will have to call Vicroads which will be a challenge.

Neil

Paul Gulliver

Got mine today to. After years of watching nothing continue to happen this whole process has gone pretty smoothly since the announcement late last year
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

We renewed our club reg today - only four months late.  ::)  Hopefully this will trigger VicRoads to put us on the new scheme and send us the log book at some stage...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Hey Evan

I can beat you, I renewed after 11 months late!!!!!!

Neil