Alfa 75 Milano Gold - Part 1 - Automatic gearbox

Started by Nikola, December 27, 2010, 09:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

There you go. A lesson for all Newbies. Never give up...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

Nikola

Quote from: Nikola on December 27, 2010, 09:10:36 AM
Hy everyone down under.I have Alfa Milano Gold 2.5 V6 with automatic gearbox and I would like to learn more about it.I was looking over the internet and I couldn't find anything about that gearbox on that particular car.I know it's a 3 speed gearbox made by ZF and I saw that a steering gear pump is pumping ATF oil from a big plastic can to a steering rack and to automatic gearbox.How much oil does it needs,where to check a level,on which interval to change ATF and all other thing I don't know and my final question for all of you is:"Is there anybody who has a workshop manual with automatic gearbox for 2.5 Milano"?

1.Steering gear pump is pumping ATF oil from a big plastic can to a steering rack and to self leveling system BUT NOT TO A AUTOMATIC GEARBOX.

2.Automatic gearbox has a two lines leading from the gearbox towards front of the car.Those lines are bringing oil from a automatic gearbox to a small cooler positioned just by the A/C cooler.This is for cooling the automatic gear box oil which is ATF DEXRON 2D.

3.JoeCab from AlfaBB wrote me this about amount of fluids in the automatic gearbox:

Capacities (From the Owner's Manual):

Power Steering/Self Leveling Suspension: 3.0 Liters

Automatic Transmission (total): 6.0 Liters

Automatic Transmission (amount for regular change): 1.5 Liters

4.ATF in automatic gearbox needs to be changed every 30 000 kilometers.

5.How to check oil is in the workshop manual which is located on this web page http://www.thesimp.org/workshopmanualmilano.html and the manual is the last one in the row and pages are 144 and 145.

6.I still don't have a workshop manual for automaic gearbox.
1988. 75 3.0 V6 America-grey
1989. 75 3.0 V6 America-black
1982. GTV 6 2.5 V6-black
1988. Milano Gold 2.5 V6 automatic-silver
1988. 33 1.3 Sportwagon-red