Alfasud Ti Qv

Started by herbyj, September 24, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbyj

Hi
I finally bought a car!
After a lot of looking I found a great car down in Tasmania.
It been stored for the last 20 years and has a genuine 73,000 on the clock.
The seller has done everything to get it going again; flushed fluids, new slave cylinder, replaced belts etc etc.
The only minor issues are the driver seat has a small tear but I've got some original trim to repair it. One of the panels has been repaired at some stage but there isn't any rust. The tyres are even original but I think I'll have to replace them.
The car runs very well and is tight.
I'm going to put the car on club plates after Pursang do the RWC.
I can't wait to get it on the open road.
See attached photos.
Jonathan

colcol

Best Alfa Romeo i have ever driven, looked after one for about 3 years, enjoyed every moment.
Now are going up in value, not an ideal daily driver, due to people damaging them in carparks, but good on club plates for a weekend drive.
Check for reoccuring rust around the front and back screens.
Get it ready for the car display day in November called Spectacolo at Wesley College, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Frank Musco

Great to see. A big congratulations!!!

DAMO1A

Jonathon,

Congratulations,  your car looks amazing.  What a great find. Its great to see another Sud in circulation.   I hope you bring it to Spettacolo in November.

Regards
Damian
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

Sportscar Nut

Will also add my congrats - car looks great and you will have a lot of fun.

Concur with Col's comments. Would suggest cleaning & fish oiling liberally inside bottom B pillars, rear wheel arches and drainage channels along sills/ doors. In my experience, hatch rust along the bottom of the window is typically a C service item!

Enjoy
Paul

Evan Bottcher

Nice Sud Jonathon!  I look forward to seeing it in the metal.  I hope you can bring it along to Spettacolo?

If you do the Facebook thing, there's a new group over there to share photos and memorabilia: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aussiealfasuds/
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal