ALFA 75 REAR CALIPERS AND FERODO DS 2500 PADS

Started by Henry Goodman, October 16, 2010, 05:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Goodman

Can anyone confirm please whether the 75 Twin Spark (1991 model) comes standard with Brembo aluminium calipers? I'm looking to replace my worn rear Ferodo DS2500 pads with the same and the Ferodo suppliers I've come across so far, specifically list pads to suit Brembo aluminium calipers.

This is the first time I'll be doing the pad change since acquiring the car and just need to be sure before I place an order.

Kind regards,

Henry.

MD

Henry

To the best of my knowledge, all the 116 transaxles are fitted with the same ATE rear calipers.They are cast steel units.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

The fronts are aluminium Brembos, the suppliers may be getting confused there.  And as MD says the rears are steel units.

Typhoon90

As far as I have been able to turn up, all transaxle cars with integral handbrake calipers use the same caliper.

Regards, Andrew.

dehne

i run the ferodo pads all round and they are just a standard listing for them if they have a ferodo book they are there plain and simple,
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

SimonR

The code for the rear 116 pads is DB3 (or DB93 is also the same).

This is the code I was given when purchasing the last set from QFM supplier in QLD and they fit straight in.

1973 Alfa Spider - Red
1984 GTV 2.0 - White

Henry Goodman

I have Brembo front calipers  - that's for sure. I'll try with the code as supplied by Simon and see what the local Sydney suppliers come up with.

You've been very helpful - thank you.

Regards,

Henry.