At Last!! First Alfa at age 67!

Started by Wanderer, June 07, 2007, 04:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Hi
My name is Don and I retired from the foreign service last year and was determined to finally achieve my dream and buy an Alfa ( very tired of driving Govt issue Commodores for 20 years). Just had my 67th birthday and took delivery today of a lovely brand new red Brera 3.2 V6 and am about to give it a thrashing tomorrow.
My wife says I must be in my second childhood but if it keeps me out of her hair, go ahead and enjoy yourself with your new toy. Wives can occassionally be understanding but not too often about $94k list price toys!!
My son and I spent a great morning at the dealers test driving every thing on the show room floor. Had intended to buy a 2 litre machine but found they were too tame for my blood so had to up the ante for the adrenalin boost needed to make retirement more attractive than its been so far.
Might take an Alfa driving course to keep me on the bendy and narrow. Will keep you posted.

Don

Sheldon McIntosh

Wow!  Good on you Don, nice choice of car.

You should come along to one of our club nights, or even the New Members' night on the 27th of June to talk to some people about driving courses and/or club sprints.  You don't have to be a serious racer to do a sprint day, and it's an excellent chance to get the know the car and what it can do in a safe environment.

There are always plenty of people to give you advice too.  Until you start beating them, then mysteriously all advice drys up.

Have fun with the car buddy.

branko.gt

Victor Lee

Welcome Don!

We have our monthly Club night next Wednesday 13th June.  You've got your FIRST Alfa, now come to your FIRST Alfa meeting!

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Wanderer

Thank you for the warm welcome to the club. Took her for a good outing today on some back roads and the performance was great and will of course get better with a few more k's under the belt. Drinks like a dog on a hot day but who's counting?
Cheers
Don

Anthony Volpe

85sprint

mate that looks like a really nice car, is it front wheel drive or rear???
sorry dont knw to much bout the newer alfas

kinda looks like a very arodynamic sprint  8)

cool

cheers

Victor Lee

Hi Don,

Looks greats!  I believe that's the 3.2lt AWD?   ;D

Asking a silly question, but which state are you in?  I'm not up to date on the various Victorian rego plates variations, but just can't read the your number plate!

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Wanderer

Victor and 85

I am near Brisbane, halfway to the Gold Coast, great spot but a bit dry at the moment.
Yes its a 3.2 lt V6, all wheel drive and handles like a dream accordingly.

Don

Victor Lee

Hi Don,

With the 3.2lt AWD, you've got a great car as your first Alfa! 

Since you are in Queensland, my first reply back on 7th June still applies!  The Queensland division of AROCA has their monthly Club nite on the same night as Victoria's .... the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

Have you made contact with them yet?  They are a good bunch of Alfisti in QLD (actually ALL Alfisti in every state are a good bunch! ;D) and very passionate about their cars.  Like all Divisions, they offer a wide variety of competition and social functions.  I'm certain they will warmly welcome you to the Club.

That's a bit of a plug and I'm a bit biased  ;), because I'm also AROCA's National Coordinator for all the State Divisions, and I personally have alot of friends in the Qld Club.

Anyway Don, enjoy your Alfa and the camaraderie that fellow Alfisti have to offer!  Maybe we'll catch up at next Easter at the annual Alfa national gathering (called "Alfesta") when Alfisti from every state will be meeting at Mooloolaba; hosted by the QLD Club.

Cheers for now!

Victor