Hi hi

Started by vivian, June 03, 2007, 05:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivian

Hi!

My name is Viv. I've been checking out the Alfa site for a while and thought I should stop hiding and get in the mix.
I am 22 and in love with Alfas (ask any of my friends, they are sick of me talking about them but take much pleasure in laughing at me when I find a new rust spot on my car or the door handle breaks again).

My dad is a member, I will be soon. He taught me to drive a 1979 Alfetta when I was 8 (if you can get the clutch in on that, you can drive anything). I got a 1984 33 on my 18th birthday and have since upgraded to a 1991 16v 33 for a bit more go. It's gunmetal, lowered and sounds great (like any alfa). Dad currently has an original GTV6 Grand Prix in great condition (the first time he let me drive it a duck flew into (yes, I didn't hit the duck!) the high beam headlight and it shattered... hmm. And he also has a 2002 156 JTS.

Anyway, I am getting a new car at the end of the year - probably roughly around 2002, either a 147 or 156. Can't decide.. I love the older alfas (1980s) but at this stage being a student (finish this year) can't maintain one as it should be. So yep, if I get a 156 it will probably be a JTS as the engine seems to pack more grunt in for the size, and a 147 - not sure which. So if anyone has an opinion, or is selling at the end of the year.... let me know! All opinions welcome.

Right, well I will stop talking now. Shall try to get to some club events when I get my car looking a bit spiffy. Thanks!

Viv

alfagtv58

Welcome Viv!!  We have a new member night coming up on the 27th June @ Zagame's, why dont you come along and introduce yourself.  You could ask both committee members and Zagame staff about the 147/156 dilema!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti