Earth Contacts on a 75 ,where are they ?

Started by MD, October 27, 2009, 10:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

I am relatively new to 75 ownership and still finfing my way around the electrics.

Got an ignition gremlin I am trying to sort out.

Does anyone have any illustrations of where the actual location of the earth connections under the dash of a 75 series are? If no illustration, a verbal description would still be helpfull.

Thank you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

Unfortunately this is a LHD version, but I think it makes it clear as to the locations of the earths.

Sheldon McIntosh

But seriously, I've only found one myself, and that's on the 90, possibly the same?  Passenger side, behind that "shelf" they have on the 75, where the briefcase would be on the 90 (hmmm).  Behind the carpet, but you wouldn't have to pull it too far down.

MD

Thanks Sheldon.
I have examined the photo and marked a couple of possible earth locations. Would you agree with these two sites?
Also is the ECU in the passenger side footwell?

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: MD on October 28, 2009, 08:50:41 AM
Also is the ECU in the passenger side footwell?

It is in the 90, I'm assuming it is in the 75, most things are identical.

Have you seen this site, it has manuals you can download.    http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/

MD

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

jazig.k

Has anyone got any info regarding the earth points?
I have multiple electrical problems; mirrors, radio, heater fan, rear window heater, headlights flicker with indicators and so on... not sure where to start because the wiring diagrams are a pain in the ass to read and just confuse me

shiny_car

Thus far, the ones I've found are:

Engine bay: above each headlight, pretty obvious, for all the small wires (G53a and G53b in wiring diagrams); battery-chassis wire; engine block to battery

Behind dash: driver's side, well above fuse housing; only became obvious once I removed the dash, and haven't attempted to reach it with dash in place

Under rear seat: passenger side, just near speedo pulse amplifier; probably one on the driver side too but haven't looked yet (?G63a and G63b)

I haven't looked in the boot yet!

The headlights, front parking lights, and front indicators all ground to those points above the headlights.

Side indicators and rear lights ground at the 'rear ground' points, which might be G63a/G63b, unless there's other points in the boot.

Rear demister grounds at G63a, 'rear right ground'. Again, might be the one under the rear seat.

Radio + HVAC fan, and expect the side mirror, ground at G52, which is the ground point above the fusebox.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

jazig.k

Thanks shiny! Will nail those tonight to clear those up and then start tracing wires around...