Vatanen

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, August 14, 2010, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

MD

maybe..a few mis-calls from the navigator ! Otherwise, death valley for some motorcyclists in the past.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

John Toomath

Insane!  :o  If everything else wasn't challenging enough , the 3 sheep "spectating" at 5:30 could have shortened the video somewhat.
2001 GTV 3.0 24V V6 (daily smile generator)
1987 75 2.5 V6 (trackday smile generator)

Frank Musco

Thats the quick way across town.

A lot of "Maybe" from the navigator?  I'd hate that job!

MD

QuoteI'd hate that job!

Dead right Frank.

I am so chicken shit that the only way I would do that job is with triple layered undies, a blind fold and a bottle of tequila..

...the tequila is for post crash recovery first aid  ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Davidm1600

I have to say I have never heard the use of "maybe" in rallying notes before.  Still only goes to show what a great driver Vatanan is.  What a ride !
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

pep105

What an amazing drive

I was shitting myself in front of the PC - Judas Priest, poor navigator bastard 
Quote from: MD on August 17, 2010, 07:37:38 AM
QuoteI'd hate that job!
...the tequila is for post crash recovery first aid  ;D
Fuck that Id be drinking the tequila pre crash, Id even drink father in laws vino in that situation
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Davidm1750 on August 17, 2010, 08:20:05 AM
I have to say I have never heard the use of "maybe" in rallying notes before.  Still only goes to show what a great driver Vatanan is.  What a ride !

I've watched a fair amount of rally, and "maybe" is fairly common in pacenotes.  I gather it means something like "it's a 5 left, but 'maybe' just a tiny bit slower than a 5 left"

Davidm1600

Yeah know what you mean Pep !!  Me too.  I remember once talking to a navigator of Possum Bourne's after finishing a night stage (I was the control point stage commander) and he got out of the car, and commented that Possum had scared the crapola out of him.  This guy was a professional, I would hate to think how someone not used to this sort of speed and car control would cope.  Am sure you would need cast iron undies !!  ;D

Maybe so Sheldon, buy likewise I have too a little experience, and I havn't heard it before, hence the comment.  Seems an odd terminology and too vague to be helpful.  Most driver/navigator (co-drivers), and especially top level ones (ie. WRC etc) use numerical pace notes (ie. 1-6 or 1-10 ratings for corners etc) with some specific warnings (ie. hazards etc) rather than purely commentary based notes from my experience. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

alfagtv58

:o :o :o

Just think, every time Vantanen clips his fingernails, he discards more talent than I possess in my entire being.

I think I may go and hand my race licence in, clearly I am not worthy....
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti