New to the alfa scene

Started by papa147, April 18, 2007, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papa147

Hi all,

My name is James Papa, i'm 18, i'm currently studying a bachelor of science at monash uni and recently received my 18th b'day present. A blue/silver 2003 Alfa 147 2.0 twin spark with black leather and a sunroof. It's my pride now, not a day goes by when i'm not thinking of ways to make it a ride that is truely unique. So far i've lowered it, because the ride height was really bugging me and i've installed a brand new induction kit. I'm looking into putting an after market turbo on it and a zender bodykit. I've been searching for a club like this as i am keen to meet up with other alfa enthusiasts and very keen to get the car on a track or cruise if possible. Also i'm sure there's a lot of you out there that can give me priceless information about aftermarket parts for the 147. So i'm hoping to here from anyone who can help me with that and information about meets/cruises/track days etc.

Cheers, James Papa

Victor Lee

Hi James and welcome!

Hugh Harrison at Alfpa Repairs in Bayswater (ph 9729 9946) owns and raced the 147 GTA which was set up for GTP races, so knows how to modify the 147.  He also owns the ex-Colin Bond Alfetta GTV6.  He's open on Saturdays. 

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb