Alfa 2600 sprint coupe

Started by zac, August 04, 2010, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Ahhh BonkFrog,
You maybe remembering the 2600 that eventualy ended up with Roy Linden in the 1980s, a very famous 2600 owner who had several in the late 1980s.
His car was beautifully restored in a lovely mink colour (a drak grey/silver) with magnificent Boranni wire wheels. It featured on the front cover Sports & Classic Cars in March 1989. I bought this magazine at the time and lusted after both it and Bill Mitchell's red Montreal.

Anyway Roy's car was sold after his death in the early 90s. It was serviced by Mauceri Motors (a club sponsor) and occassionally turned up at Spettacollo but the new owner left 2600 outside under a cover. He stuffed it! (IMHO). A real shame. The car was for sale at Brooklands about 7 years ago but it needed a complete body restoration (I had a serious look at the car and discussed the work required with Paul Sabine). The beautiful wire wheels were rusted too. Poor Roy would have been gutted. It never sold and I now know the car to have been expoerted to the south Island in NZ where I am sure it is being well looked after.

Does anyone where Bill Mitchell's MOntreal ended up?
Best Regards
Phil   

spoynter

Yes sorry, I was referring to a 2600 Berlina  :)

Dario

Is this the same one?