idleing problem

Started by robmick60, July 26, 2010, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robmick60

hi,thanks to those who responded to my last request,but i have still have a problem with  my 1999,156 2.0 ts,its idling very eractically even with a new air flow metre sensor,i've also changed the coil packs around with a spare set i have , i did have a problem with the injector light coming on before i changed the air flow sensor but that now has gone out,while the engine was running i pulled off number 1 electric plug that feeds the power to the coil pack and the engine ran even worst so i plugged back in and it ran better, now i did that to each coil pack from left to right 2&3 never made a difference in how the car was running but 4 did as number 1 did ran like crap until i put the electric plug back in. should they all make a difference as each one is unplugged?anybody got an idea before i spend to much money on replacing sensors or switches ect? thanks for any help.

dehne

hi there by erratic do you mean it will idle up to 2000-2500 rpm then drop back to 1500 and just keeps doing it and it only runs like this when idle and drives fine otherwise. if so welcome to the club mine has been like this for 3 years they wanted to put a new throttlebody on it to fix the prob but for $3000 i said NO i did not think that this was the prob and i was right as i tried 3 different ones on it from working cars and did not fix the problem, my thoughts on this is that it is something to do with the sele system and thinking to do with the accuator/accumliator i replace the pump and it seemed to work better and occasionaly it runs perfect so im going to change the other parts soon i just want to find out if it can be a diy job which i am pretty sure it can be, you may also get lucky with a reset on both the sele and car comp.

good luck and let us know if the prob gets fixed
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

wankski

bit weird... have u pulled any codes from the engine ecu?

have u tried disconnecting the MAF? just because u have a new one, u can't rule it out entirely...

without being more descriptive this could be anything... phase sensor, oil in plug wells etc..

how is the engine behaving exactly?

Two Dogs

I get a flat spot at 2500 when cold due to slight amount of oil in a plug well (cam cover gasket has a super slow leak can't be arsed replacing it ::)).

Have just recently been getting erratic idle which I can clear with a blip of the throttle. However it reoccurs each time I pull up to a stop.

Shall check it on the weekend by cleaning out the well and seeing if the problem clears.

wankski

cool, if you disconnect the AFM and so rule it out, my next guess is lambda failure... unplug that and see if it goes away..