Mods, Repairs Update on 105

Started by Tim Jobson, July 24, 2010, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Jobson

Hi all,

I have finished a few more jobs on the "to do list" for my 105, one of which was modifying the old european number plate holder.   I was never a fan of the large plate holder so I decided to cut up the plastic part of the holder and use the curved sections as a plate holder.    The advantages of this, apart from looking neater, is the plate holders are only held by a single stainless long thin bolt and the bolt hole is now in a much easier place to get at.    I welded up the origional bolt holes and also got the rear bumper straightened and polished.

I have also had fun replacing both engine mounts ( not as bad as I thought it would be) and fitted my new stainless exhaust system that I got from Classic Alfa  (the good exchange rate helps).

While I was under the car I decided to fix the leaking pinion oil seal on the diff ( made up my own tool using a cheap $10 socket) and retorqued the head.   So far the pinion seal does not leak and the head is not leaking oil...I will keep my fingers crossed.

I still have a kind of humming sound coming from some where under the car at low speeds, I think it may be the diff, only noticeable when cruising in low gear or coasting in neutral.....anyone had the same?

Regards
Tim

1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport