New wheels for a 105.

Started by MY105, July 24, 2010, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MY105

Having looked at a number of wheels, I think the GTA's look good.
I found a forum that voted the GTA's to be ahead of the Momo Vegas - in looks/appeal.
Is there anywhere in Brisbane which sells GTA's ?
I've been told I can get them from Pace Engineering (Vin Sharp) in Victoria, that may be my only choice.
Thanks for any help.   

Rosso2300S

Quote from: MY105 on July 24, 2010, 03:23:46 PM
Having looked at a number of wheels, I think the GTA's look good.
I found a forum that voted the GTA's to be ahead of the Momo Vegas - in looks/appeal.
Is there anywhere in Brisbane which sells GTA's ?
I've been told I can get them from Pace Engineering (Vin Sharp) in Victoria, that may be my only choice.
Thanks for any help.   

Hi MY105. I would recommend that you contact Max Banks at Alfaholics in the UK. Max and his brothers make their GTA Strada wheels that totally complement the GTV 105s. For standard road car the 6 X 14 is ideal. They will get a set to you within about 4 days from your order and are most obliging (and extremely knowledgeable on everything Alfa). email: max.banks@alfaholics.com  website: www.alfaholics.com
Here's a picture of Max's GTA Rep. with Stradas fitted. GBC

MY105

Thanks Rosso.  I ordered some from Classic Alfa before I found your reply. Great service and help from them as well. Ordered Thursday night, and delivered to my home address on Monday at 1 pm. Pic attached.

hammer

Those wheels look great. Congrats.

Rosso2300S

The GTA wheels look great on your car, well bought. Classic and Alfaholics are both good places to deal with. I bought a side marker light a couple of weeks ago from A/holics and it had a badly chrome plated surround. Max was most apologetic and replaced it without question straight away, and supplied a pair of surrounds no charge. Superb service. GBC

Craig_m67

They look great
Did you go 14 or 15, can i ask what tyres?
And were you stung with duty?

I'm considering a set for my Duetto, don't really want to go wider than 185
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

MY105

Thanks all for the compliments ! The previous wheels were 14x6. These are 14x7, fitted with the original Yokohana A539 195/65 R14 tyres. I can't really see the difference inthe extra 1" width. I believe - "no duty is paid on items of less than $Au1000.00".

Craig_m67

Couldn't help myself,
One set of 15x7 Alfaholics GTA Veloce 7×15 Superleggera's ordered tonight
....(amongst assorted sheet metal repair panels)

I really ought to get out and about and meet you all.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)