intrest in a state wide alfa meet

Started by dehne, September 03, 2010, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

hi all just wondering if anyone is interested at some stage in a meet some where central that all alfa loves can meet a 1 destination, this would brong in members from wodonga, mildura, gipsland ect, as alot of us dont live in melb and do not get to go on ur ema's. anyway just a thought and we could prob get rid of a bit of the harshness if we knew each other face to face
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

aggie57

Without being harsh many of the country members are active already in the club.  As an example the 6-hr relay in October, where many many country and interstate AROCA people congregate.   Maybe you should come along to that?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

John Hanslow

The idea is good and I can see there is no one real solution but quite a few options.

I suggest that while we find our feet in dealing with Regional Chapters, our members, cars etc, we can made the most of our current opportunities first with a view of other options later.  The Winton 6 Hour is an example.  That event is a function in itself, all visitors are welcome.

Perhaps the solution for this event is for the rural convenors to be given the opportunity to have a 'regional hospitality tent' for race day.  Just an idea and needs to be demand driven and actioned if or as necessary.  Does someone in the Goldfields area have a gazebo or tent suitable for a group ?  BBQ anyone ?

In any event, may I take this opportunity to say that all Alfisti, regional or interstate (members or not) are welcome to attend Spettacolo 2010 on 14 November. In order to accommodate the efforts of our visitors, we will be having a Saturday lunch or dinner to make this a suitable weekend event.   Details to be posted shortly.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

AGM155

Denhe, I reckon its a top idea, I'd come from Melbourne for it if I had enough advance warning