Clarkson on the 159

Started by Evan Bottcher, March 27, 2006, 01:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR116

It could be a possiblity that the stig is Lewis Hamilton but i very much doubt it. My reaons for this are that for one Ron Dennis, Mclaren's team principal and CEO,would never allow his driver's to take such risks outside driving a formula 1 car. Remember the frustration of not having Juan Pablo Montoya for a few races due to injuries he sustained in tennis game or as suspected a motorcross accident a couple of years ago? Therefore, Ron Dennis would not take such a risk this time. Also how does a formula one driver have the time to test road cars when he will mostly be racing, testing, debriefing or counting their millions in the grand palaces in switzerland? With reference to the comments in an interview two years ago that the stig was 21 years old and british, well it is only coincidence that it coincides with lewis' age. There have been some many promising talents in the making that were supposed to be big stars but never made it such as our own James Courtney, a former Jaguar formula one test driver and Ryan Briscoe a former toyota test driver. In my opinion, the stig would need to be someone who is lesser known, relatively cheap to employ and as once said by Jeremy Clarkson when they drove the 147 gta, Expendable! Clearly Alonso or hamilton would not be cheap and would not consider themselves expended.

AR116

By the way i hope Lewis does real shit this year. I would love to see alonso beat lewis and mclaren. I guarantee you that he lacks no motivation to do so. But Kimi and felipe together with those cars from maranello are the best and hopefully do it again this year.

Lewis is just another cry baby! So what if he was treated to racist remarks. Whenever Michael Schumacher and Ferrari went to england to race they were always abused by the public but they didn't have a cry to the FIA, They did what they do best, WIN. And that is the best way to get back at your oponents. It is always the silent achievers that you need to watch and this was proven last year when kimi put his head down and won the championship in the last race.

No one likes a whinger, so lewis i definately don't like you. 

Fast Eddie

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

magnum

I think his line towards the front part of the article,... "I've loved all Alfas. In fact I've argued time and again that nobody can be a petrolhead until they've owned one. It's a rite of passage..." ... pretty well sums up the spirit of Alfisti, being on my third fourth  Alfa Romeo (currently a 156 GTA and 159,  previously a 156 V6 6 speed and first a 156 twin spark) I came to this conclusion a little later than most.

Cheers and God bless,
Magnum
Cheers and God bless,
Magnum

ALFA Romeo 156 GTA, 156 V6, 156 TS, 159 Jts

Davidm1600

Hey if you think Clarkson can Cr@##$p on you should try reading his books.  He actually is a excellent read, even if on Topgear at times he comes across as an overbearing knob !!  Actually I love the program, even if they do some stupid things at times.  Perhaps Scott should try his hand out for Aussie Stig, given they have announced the presenters.  Oh bugger, only problem is that we would all know who the Stig was.  Cheers Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina